2014 UEFA European Under-17 Championship

TRS-T

When done on England winning. And still no mention of it on bbc. What a joke!

Apparently when England won 2010, only Barkley and Wickham are still playing in the prem.

Berahino was in squad as well but I think its normal in these youth tournaments that players have good tournaments and never do anything again. Holland Under 21 team from 2007 with star players Maceo Rigters, Daniel De Ridder and Royston Drenthe are perfect examples

When done on England winning. And still no mention of it on bbc. What a joke!

Apparently when England won 2010, only Barkley and Wickham are still playing in the prem.

Berahino was in squad as well but I think its normal in these youth tournaments that players have good tournaments and never do anything again. Holland Under 21 team from 2007 with star players Maceo Rigters, Daniel De Ridder and Royston Drenthe are perfect examples

I agree it just shows the gulf between youth and first team football. I think it isn't always helped with the better players going to the bigger clubs. The ones at the likes of Chelsea, will benefit from learning off th top players, but then will never get a first team place. McEacheran is a prime example of this, very highly rated at a young age but not enough opportunities to get first team football so won't develop as well.

After that bit of luck?

Well he won a tournament it wasn't just one match and that was much more assured penalty taking than the Dutch, so it was kind of won on merit.

Anyway Villa could do with a bit of luck.

england fans never learn, seen comments about ledson, solanke and roberts being good enough for englands 2016 squad

solanke will have done well to have kicked a ball for chelsea by 2016

the squad that won in 2010, i think there have been 5 of them that have played in the prem, berahino, butland, wisdom, barkley and wickham, thats probably 50 prem games and 2 england caps between the lot of them 4 years later

Edited by villa4europe

it was England vs Holland, probably the 2 teams in Europe with the worst penalty shootout record

At least it didn't end 13-12 after 32 penalties like in the 2007 U21 final. I watched that one, ugh!

Â