Scotland

Portugal

Live on Eurosport.

Scotland vs Portugal just kicked off

Malta vs England kicks off at 5pm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_UEFA_European_Under-17_Championship

Edited by TRS-T
  • Like 2

BBC/sky should report more on stuff like this as im sure most of us were unaware of it taking place

Yet they constantly question why we are so far behind other nations.

Expensive to become a coach, increase of foreign talent and to top it off, Eurosport are the only network to cover U17 and U21 football tournaments. Not even a mention on BBC or SSN, let alone actual coverage.

BBC seem to be covering Scotland's participation:

Scotland Under-17s reach European Championship semi-final

Scotland reached the semi-finals of the European Under-17 Championship semi-finals for the first time after coming from behind to beat Switzerland.

Craig Wighton, Jack Sheppard and Ryan Hardie netted to secure a 3-1 win over the Swiss, who had led through Dimitri Oberlin.

Scot Gemmill's youngsters will face the Netherlands in the last four.

Portugal topped Scotland's group and will play England in the other semi-final.

Scotland were behind at half-time following Oberlin's strike.

But Wighton's shot on the turn levelled the score before Sheppard slid in to edge Gemmill's side into the lead for the first time.

There was a suspicion of handball as Hardie went through to net Scotland's third but the goal stood.

Switzerland won a penalty before the end but Fraser Mortimer saved Boris Bobic's effort from 12 yards.

England completed their group campaign with a defeat by the Dutch.

I watched the England game yesterday.

The one that stood out for me was Isaiah Brown.

Very good on the ball, composed, good positioning etc.

Checked his wiki and it seems he just moved to Chelsea he only recently turned 17, if he gets in the first team there great but I have my doubts.

Shame really.

isnt that solanke the one that chelsea signed from the baggies? and baggies fans arent too impressed with it...

the only other one i know is ledson, he's got a -9 rating on FM, like you say at this age they can be world beaters, if at 21 he's still on chelsea's bench then its been wasted, are these guys better prospects than mceachran or chalobah? because mceachran has pretty much been and gone and chalobah looks next

isnt that solanke the one that chelsea signed from the baggies? and baggies fans arent too impressed with it...

the only other one i know is ledson, he's got a -9 rating on FM, like you say at this age they can be world beaters, if at 21 he's still on chelsea's bench then its been wasted, are these guys better prospects than mceachran or chalobah? because mceachran has pretty much been and gone and chalobah looks next

Nah that's Izzy Brown.

1-1 at HT, Solanke with the goal and Netherlands equalised just before HT (goalkeeper questionable there)

Must say the football being played by England throughout the tournament has been very good, I haven't looked at the respective clubs these players are at but I presume some won't get a look in which is a shame.

Â