Cheers from Germany

Frankfurt

Hi there,

Me and a couple of friends from Frankfurt will be at the upcoming game v Norwich. We're all strong Eintracht Frankfurt supporters but felt like it was about time to check out the atmosphere in the motherland of the beautiful game...

Just a couple of quick questions:

1. What about foreign colours? I am very likely to wear a jacket of our colours (black and white) with Frankfurt written all over it. Do you guys take offense in that? Might be a bit unnecessary to ask, but I just wanted to make sure, since we are sometimes a bit picky over here when it comes to that. 

2. Our team will be playing later that day. Do you guys know of a pub - maybe not tooooo far away from the ground - which is showing Bundesliga matches?

That would be all... Cheers

Doubt there will be any problems with your jacket mate, I wouldn't worry about it. As for the Frankfurt game will it not be happening at the same time as the Villa game? I believe BT are showing it but their coverage is listed as starting at 16.15?

Hope you enjoy the game.

Also don't expect any kind of atmosphere as it will be non existent unless we play great football and win, but I doubt that very much

Well the atmosphere was still non existent.
very true. You would of thought the place would of been rocking.

I make an annual Bundesliga trip and my German friends come here for a few games.  I think they were quite let down by the atmosphere first time.  They tell me all their friends that have never seen the Prem seem to think our atmosphere will be amazing.  Home of football, self proclaimed best league in the world and all that.

They do it German style in the Lower Holmesdale, stand and sing all game long.

I saw them (horrendously) get mauled at home to Small Heath last season and were still chanting and banging drums at 0-3.

Why can't the holte end even get an erection anymore. It really is terrible, wish they would take down that stupid 12th man banner down its embarrasing. Heard a lot of praise for the palace fans over last couple of years. Fair play to them

Â