Browns news

BerniesElbow

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched Draft Day...even the missus loved it.

You seen it Bernie? What ya think?

I thought it was pretty good. It wont win any awards, but I've seen worse movies.

I thought it was cool how close the story situation was to the real life one before the draft.

As a side note, the two radio guys that Kevin Costner kept turning off, are real. They were working together at the time, but now one does a 9am-1pm radio show and the other does 3-5pm on WKNR AM850, ESPN Cleveland. The morning show is one of my favorites and I've been listening to that guy for a long time.

• Like 1

Rumor has it that these next three games will determine if the Browns will offer Brian Hoyer an extended contract.

Reportedly, there are "several key members of the organization" that want to see what Manziel can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Tate had an incident with some media after the Texans game. Reporters were waiting to talk to him and he got dressed and stormed past them. Someone from the Browns organization made him go back and talk to the reporters, and he was pretty upset and dressed down a reporter.

I dont blame him for being mad. The coaches made him a Team Captain before the game against his former team, let him go out and handle the pre-game coin toss and then they give him two carries for the whole game. I would have been mad, too.

But, he made it clear he wasnt happy with the three running back rotation.

• 4 weeks later...

Reportedly, there are "several key members of the organization" that want to see what Manziel can do.

Saw the Browns game last weekend and Manziel has flop written all over him. He plays like a QB in a madden game set on easy mode, except it's the NFL. Hard to see any positives from his first start except that he acknowledged he has to play better. Doesn't seem to have any of the fundamentals you need to play the position. Another Tim Tebow. 

Saw an interesting theory: Kyle Shanahan is good at scheming, but not at teaching QB mechanics.

RG3's mechanics got worse in Washington (possibly due to injury, though).

Hoyer's mechanics seem to have gotten worse

Manziel's mechanics are an abomination.

QBs can survive with poor arm strength if they've got great anticipation (e.g. Philip Rivers) or great mechanics (e.g. Chad Pennington), but Manziel's combination of poor arm strength, poor anticipation, and poor mechanics isn't a great sign.

Â