Lego Games

samjp26

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Had to post this in here having just read it, a review for the Doctor Who bit of Lego Dimensions from Gamecentral @ The Metro - also includes reviews for The Simpsons, Back to the Future and Portal 2 bits. I'm the most casual Doctor Who fan imaginable, but even I thought this sounded very cool.

...for now the Doctor Who Level Pack is the only way to access its hub world. For although there is a Cyberman and Dalek Fun Pack it’s not out until January 22. The bottom line here is that the Doctor Who Level Pack is great, and if you have even a passing love for the good Doctor it’s probably the most affectionate homage to the series you’ll ever get as a video game.

It should be pointed out first of all that each of these themes are in the main game as well, including a Doctor Who level. But buying the Level Pack is the only way to play as The Doctor, or use K-9 and the TARDIS. And before you ask which Doctor the answer is all of them. Each one of the 13 Doctors, including John Hurt’s War Doctor, is in the game as their own minifgure, complete with dialogue from the show, their own unique TARDIS interior (even the Jules Verne one from Paul McGann’s TV movie), and their own era appropriate version of the theme tune.

When you die you can chose to regenerate as the next one in line, and many have heir own unique props such as Patrick Troughton’s recorder or Peter Davidson’s cricket bat. Developer Traveller’s Tales are obviously huge Doctor Who fans and at least two of their previous games have featured unofficial cameos of the TARDIS, as well as a Weeping Angel in Lego Batman 3. But here they’ve been able to go all out, with references and characters from the show’s entire 52 year history.

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

But that would mean I'd have to fork out £100+ again when we do get a PS4. The 360 is now upstairs and I don't really game as much on it anymore. It makes more sense to wait till we upgrade and hopefully it might drop in price too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Ps4 recently went through a drop, they are around 225-250 per unit now without anything but a controller and a free headset.

It won't get much cheaper in the foreseeable, i brought mine on release for 300, 2 years ago.

I was talking about the Lego Dimensions, although I wasn't too clear on that.

Â