Hearthstone

Eames

Heroic Maexxana 10 - 0 The Rev.  

I tried to fight her without reading up any guides. It's fairly obvious you need to rely heavy on battlecries.  It seems the most effective tactic is to have Alextrasa. I dont have Alextrasa. 

IGN have done a piece on bits of hidden lore within Hearthstone cards here, quite interesting if you're a WoW player or played it over the years. An example is when playing the Illidan card against Malfurion - he says "Hello brother" instead of "You are not prepared." It hadn't really clicked with me until reading that. Anyway, just little bits of detail like that which are quite a nice touch.  

IGN have done a piece on bits of hidden lore within Hearthstone cards here, quite interesting if you're a WoW player or played it over the years. An example is when playing the Illidan card against Malfurion - he says "Hello brother" instead of "You are not prepared." It hadn't really clicked with me until reading that. Anyway, just little bits of detail like that which are quite a nice touch.  

Cairn Bloodhoof says "Garrosh, you are not fit to rule the Horde" when used vs Warriors.

They missed an obvious one.  The Beast's deathrattle is to summon Finkle Einhorn for the opponent.

HtMbLL1.png

Anybody who has played UBRS will remember the arguments over Finkle's skinner.  Finkle was the character who was in the belly of the beast when you killed him. He had a knife which gave +skill to skinning, which people needed to skin dawgs in Molten Core. 

• Like 2

Constructed isn't pay to win if you invest enough time in the game eventually you will accumulate enough gold to obtain every card in the game

I've been playing since beta and have nearly every legendary and a couple of gold ones just by opening packs like yesterday i got a golden nozdormu useless but 1600 dust

It really is rng :)

Edited by AshVilla

Zoo does seem to have unveiled a major flaw in the production of the game, basically because it's not something that can be nerfed. They may nerf the fire imp but in general, lost cost mana minions are just really powerful and that's it, together with the warlock hero power, it's crazy. After about rank 15, you're probably playing zoo decks about every 7 games out of 10 and it's just dull as hell, it seems to have sapped that feeling of pulling off great plays with interesting combos and card syncing and made the ladder a frustrating chore and if anything it's really boring to play.

Small rant over.

Edited by nobler

No you're spot on. If you play zoo you are a terrible human being. There is very little skill involved in that approach, flood the board early finish with the Leeroy. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

At least Naxx looks to have introduced cards to limit the ridiculous OPness of zoo.

I captured my Instructor Razuvious heroic kill today. Really chuffed because I hadn't really checked out any guides, I just presumed that getting early Inner Fires on the students might work and I managed to get the kill after about 5-6 attempts. In the previous attempts I was really heavily relying on the oozes to break his ridiculously op weapon, but when I finally got the kill I never even drew an ooze. I was incredibly lucky with this draw though which made the fight look easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xO7WfRqaPI&list=UUCHuRWpnVih9Yibj5oVx76Q

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Record high rank this season (12) thanks to an absolutely disgusting Priest deck.

All shall fear the Kel'Thuzad, Baron Rivendare, Cairne Bloodhoolf, Sludge Belcher combo - if on T8 I can get that lot on the board and keep them alive for a turn most people just conceed at that point. Infinite minions. :D

Auchenai Soulpriest, Circle of Healing + Zombie Chow is pretty devestating as well - good trades with the added 5 damage to the face.

I had been running two Deathlords but they were evicted for constantly shafting me "random enemy minion" my **** arse - Turn 3 Rag? Yeah have that Eames you shite. T5 Leeroy without the battlecry. Yep go suck it. They have only ever summoned ridiculous minions or Lengendaries for me. Gone.

Edited by Eames

Nothing makes me happier than the Priest Grommash whirlwind finisher..... :D

I'm interested to see how the Leeroy and Buzzard nerf affects the ladder - Reckless Rocketeer to make a dramatic comeback.

I still need to beat Kel'Thuzad - found that an incredibly difficult encounter even with the suggested decks so I gave up after about ten attempts.

Any tips from those that have beat him? (either mode btw)

Â