Away "friendly" pubs near the Boleyn...

One For The Road

Last time I went to West Ham with the missus we wore our Villa tops and ended up in a pub called the Queens.  We got got a lot of abuse and even had drinks thrown at us.  Is there an away pub near the ground? I have heard the Duke of Edinburgh or something along those lines is ok.  Where is everyone drinking?

UTV

I like the fact we can go in any pub we please if we restrict it to stripy retro scarves.

And do your best Artful Dodger impression when ordering a pint. 

I was actually in a similar situation in a Burnley pub.  Four of us all walked up to the bar and suddenly realised at the same time then paused and kind of just mumbled and pointed at a pump.  Luckily our Burnley supporting mate jumped in and got the round.

I like the fact we can go in any pub we please if we restrict it to stripy retro scarves.

And do your best Artful Dodger impression when ordering a pint. 

I was actually in a similar situation in a Burnley pub.  Four of us all walked up to the bar and suddenly realised at the same time then paused and kind of just mumbled and pointed at a pump.  Luckily our Burnley supporting mate jumped in and got the round.

A mate of mine is Bristol Rovers fan and he came to Villa Park with 8 of his pals for the cup game against them in the 90's.  None of them wore any colours but suspicions were aroused when he went to the bar and in an awful attempt at a Brummy accent he ordered 9 pints of cider!!  Now if that doesnt telll everyone your from Bristol I don't know what does. 

Denmark arms round the corner from the ground is ok and away friendly, be prepared to wait forever for a drink though

Yes, spot on. The Denmark is the best one for away fans, not far from East Ham tube station.

Denmark arms round the corner from the ground is ok and away friendly, be prepared to wait forever for a drink though

Yes, spot on. The Denmark is the best one for away fans, not far from East Ham tube station.

I have just rang the Denmark Arms and spoken to a lovely cockney landlady who confirmed that it is in fact an away pub.  She also said it is 10-20 mins from the ground depending on how quick you walk and that Villa colours are allowed. (Obviously cos they are the same as West Ham's!)

Â