wii and xbox to the same tv?

chrisp65

ok chaps, you'll have to excuse my complete lack of knowledge on games consoles. I think i already know the answer here, I just wanted a sanity check.

My kids are of an age where the Wii is beginning not to cut it. They've done all the zoo games and they've saved a lego Dr Who and driven cartoon cars around an oval. The eldest now fancies shooting nazi zombies and that isn't the Wii forte apparently.

It looks perfectly possible to me to have the Wii and an Xbox wired up to the TV at the same time (Panasonic Viera with more sockets on the back than a Rick Wakeman Synth).

BUT! does anyone know a reason why this won't work?

Already got a Virgin box plugged in, plus a dvd player, plus a VCR! but still plenty of sockets left.

cheers in advance

aye, cheers

I think that was just the interweb version of saying it out loud

we can now begin the wondeful world of accessorising an xbox

it's a £149 bargain! all we need now is an extra controller some better leads some £40 games a kinnect thing a charger ...........

You shouldn't have any issues with connecting them both up, assuming you have a spare HDMI port on the back of the telly you'll just chuck the Xbox through that.

Don't spend much on a HDMI cable.

And don't buy a Kinect.

ah cheers for that one, yes it's the hdmi which is free and which I'd presumed I'd use, I'd noticed you can pick them up for under £20 without any effort

it was the kinect and all that, that was looking like a bind, I think they'll get a fairly basic bundle and then it's over to them to spend theirs on anything else

ta

ah cheers for that one, yes it's the hdmi which is free and which I'd presumed I'd use, I'd noticed you can pick them up for under £20 without any effort

it was the kinect and all that, that was looking like a bind, I think they'll get a fairly basic bundle and then it's over to them to spend theirs on anything else

ta

You can get a HDMI cable for a couple of pounds, do not spend more! Just make sure it's long enough.

As said above, do not spend more than a fiver on a HDMI cable. HDMI cables either work or they don't, and as such paying over the odds for a basic cable is a fools errand. Unless you have specific needs from the cable (i.e. non-standard lengths, angled connections, etc) you can easily a get a cable for £3. Amazon Basics stuff is more than good enough.

On the Kinect, I can't reiterate enough, do not buy one. Don't even let the kids buy one. They are SHITE, as the rows and racks of them second hand in CEXs and Game stores across the land will attest. I used to work in a very small branch of Gamestation, and even there we had a couple of shelving units full of them and a quick grab shelf full of them in a cupboard next to the till, all barely used. They require lots of space and perfect conditions to work at all, and even then they are spotty. And thats before you get to the range of games, all awful. And games that utilise it without requiring it sum it's gimmick nature nicely up. Complete and utter waste of glossy plastic, space, electricity, man hours...

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

Â