The righthand sidebar

BOF

Question

As in this jobby with the heading "Posts" ...

dc91e5722d631e90f3b2e600d823383b.png

... on the old site, instead of saying "Posted 7 minutes ago" or "Posted 11 minutes ago" it used to say for example "Posted at 11:59" or "Posted at "11:56".  This made it an awful lot easier to keep track of what had been posted since you last refreshed.  You could visually look down the list of posts until you saw timestamps newer than your last refresh and click from there.

Any chance the formatting of those timestamps could be restored, as these floating stamps are much less useful.

• Like 2

14 answers to this question

... and while I'm at it.  There's no need to have so much preview text in each post.  It's more beneficial to have a list containing more posts, rather than a list of just 5 posts containing most of their content.

• Like 2

You can't "hide posts" with spoilers, Do you mean that it shows text which would otherwise be hidden? A screen shot would be useful.

As per the messages at the top of the forum can you confirm it happens in another browser?

I'm planning to remove that feature from the sidebar as the new "activity streams" replace it (see the menu at the top of the page). This might mean that I do so sooner.

Yes, I did mean the contents which are hidden by spoiler tags.

Yes, just tried it in IE 11 and the same thing happens.

RH Sidebar.png

My post from that thread was as follows (now edited so as not to cause any confusion in that thread):

9 minutes ago, snowychap said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Testing

Better than the dog house.

Edited by snowychap

Only just looked.

They seem fine though I haven't played around with it (create new stream) at all. I quite like the condensed view for all activity. It seems to return nothing when I select the 'content I posted in' stream, though.

Will it be the all activity stream that replaces the 'posts' bit that's in the sidebar currently?

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Any chance that can be fixed?

I've merged this as another thread existed for the same problem. Please read what's in this thread for more info.

I raised this with the devs who said it's a known bug and will be fixed at some point.

Â