Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porto stand firm over duo

By Graeme Bailey & Francisco Acedo - Created on 6 Jun 2007

Porto president Pinta da Costa has told English targets Bruno Alves and Jose Bonsigwa that he does not want to let them leave.

The defensive duo have both attracted big interest in recent weeks, with Villa looking at central defender Alves, and Middlesbrough and Tottenham both looking at wing-back Bosingwa.

Howver, Porto supremo da Costa does not seem willing to do business and there is little need for him to sell as he is set to bank around £17 million from the sale of Anderson to Manchester United.

"I do not want them to leave," da Costa is quoted in the Portuguese press.

The two players admitted they were very much in the dark over their own futures.

"The president of Porto said to me the offers were not negotiable," Alves told Ojogo.

"That is the will of the club, we have finished as champions and are now in the Champions League - which is where I see myself."

Bosingwa admitted his future would be decided by Porto.

"I do not know anything on these subjects, because I have not spoken with any club," said Bonsingwa - currently on international duty with Portugal.

"My future is dependent on Porto, my current idea is to follow in Porto because I have signed for a number of years."

The player's agent Rui Neno - who also represents Alves, says he is far from happy with Porto's reported €5million (£3.3million) valuation of Bosingwa.

"€5 million is ridiculous money for Bosingwa," he said.

"In England there is many interested, but formally we have nothing."

Clicky...

Surprised you have posted that considering the player says he sees himself in the champions league and also we have not made a bid

Not surprised you commented, but the reason was because it is a rumour involving Villa and this is the Villa rumour thread.

I dont think we will sign either but thought others might l like to read. 8)

Surprised you have posted that considering the player says he sees himself in the champions league and also we have not made a bid

Not surprised you commented, but the reason was because it is a rumour involving Villa and this is the Villa rumour thread.

I dont think we will sign either but thought others might l like to read. 8)

Very true that we won't sign 'either' as only ONE of them has been linked. You're right..... :shock:

:lol:

As did I with the Luke Moore and Davis rumours that you sought to ridicule.

Ridicule? I didn't do anything of the sort, if commenting on something you post is ridiculing you then god forbid!

I pointed out that Moore's agent had not heard of anything, and asked if Pompey had enquired about Davis because i didn't know! No ridiculing going on there.....

Alittle paranoid Richard, perhaps?

Alittle paranoid Richard, perhaps?

Dont think so no. How about you?

That's not what your file says. I'm just reading it now...

You must be the last person to read it Peter. Everyone else has before you.

Moore is hardly a youngster though. Neither is Davis

Quite right. The "youngster" tag seem to follow a few players a long way into senior level even though a youngster should be considered something else after reaching 20...

I mean...do you say youngster about Obi Mikel? Fabregas?

Villa players seems to be both youngsters until proven skilled enough...and the same goes with the word "talented/promising".

But Moore IS talented enough and is not a youngster - and no longer needs the 'protection' that that tag gives. He is a Premiership striker on merit IMO.

I mean...do you say youngster about Obi Mikel? Fabregas?

Yes I do say youngster about both of them, although I see what you are trying to say (although Obi is still very very raw).

But Moore IS talented enough and is not a youngster - and no longer needs the 'protection' that that tag gives. He is a Premiership striker on merit IMO.

Yes...but when we talk about youngsters, Moore is often included...