Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

what you mean schools out

damo - pleasd read the forum guidelines, we don't allow txt speak here, type in proper english.

ahamaad

PS: can everyone else not quote the txt speak, as I have to delete a shed load of posts.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway back on topic, and onto Sneijder.

Can someone give a realistic thought/reply into~

- Whats currently going on with his situation?

- What would he approx cost Villa?

- What would he bring to Villa?

- What would he offer in terms of on the field, best position etc.?

sneijder:

leaving ajax, they couldn't agree a deal with valencia

10,2 million (i think euros, so that would be £ 7m)

excellent midfield playmaker (can play in the middle and on the left, he' s perfectly 2-footed)

- Dunno, think he wants to go to Velencia but they have cooled their interest.

- Around 10mill i think.

- A wicked player.

- He is an attacking midfielder in the center but can play across the midfield.

- Oh and there has only been a few questionable links to Villa.

Personally i think MON looked at him, was given the impression he didnt fancy coming here hence the Koumas links.

12 million. Apparently he wants to go Valencia and the president want to buy him against the wish's of the Coach.This was a week ago and nothing has been mentioned since. IMO it wont happen.

He would bring a lot of flair and creativity to a Villa midfield also pitching in with goals. Last player i can think of who did this was Lee Hendrie.

The times I have seen him are for Holland playing just behind strikers and dictating most of the forward player. Outstanding player from what I've seen.

Yeah, I was really impressed with him (schneider) at the world cup. He'd be a big time signing if we could get him. No disrespect to Young, Carew, Petrov and Maloney but this would be even higher profile.

What about Sneijder? :D

With his positions he can play in, this will also bring flexibility to the team.

So would the fee speculated be a bargain to get such a player?

and

Now that talks with him and Valencia not happening, has he stated he wants to leave Ajax and is it likely we can/will sign him?

So would the fee speculated be a bargain to get such a player.

With his positions he can adapt to will also bring flexibility to the team.

now that talks with him and Valencia not happening, has he stated he wants to leave Ajax and is it likely we can/will sign him?

Nah, theres no news on it at all. Its as quite as a summers afternoon on the moon :cry:

i have just heard a rumour from a guy at work, i work in a private leisure centre and i got talking to a guy about football, and he assured me that his mate who is a private investigator was given a job on someone in a hotel in leicester and he texted him while on the job saying that MON was havin a meeting with none other than Jermaine Defoe. i am in no way suggesting this rumour to be true before people start hating me if this doesnt happen, im just saying what this guy told me, to be fair he doesnt seem the bullshitting type. he is adamant this is not a made up rumour.

thoughts??

My first thoughts were that this was a satirical attack on the kind of transfer post we had in January.

My revised thoughts are that you are very naive if you expect anyone to treat such a tenuous link with any degree of credibility.

im not asking people to believe it am i?or treat it as the worlds most credible source, i was just saying what this guy told me as he was adamant. im treating it as lightly as the next person, and with by asking for peoples opinions i was referring to the likelyhood of us signing defoe and if people would take him.

seriously people have gone WAAAAAAAY to touchy about DEFOE, sorry if any defoeists were offended in the making of my original post.

Personally, and judging from NRC's interview after they secured premieship status, that he's transfer to whoever was a done deal well before the season ended.

Welcome to VIlla Nigel. I'm sure with MON as manager you'll be great for us!

12 million. Apparently he wants to go Valencia and the president want to buy him against the wish's of the Coach.This was a week ago and nothing has been mentioned since. IMO it wont happen.

He would bring a lot of flair and creativity to a Villa midfield also pitching in with goals. Last player i can think of who did this was Lee Hendrie.

The times I have seen him are for Holland playing just behind strikers and dictating most of the forward player. Outstanding player from what I've seen.

It has been mentioned that Ajax has turned down two offers for Sneijder from Valencia and the player is now up for grabs as Valencia has yet to decide if they want to table a third bid or turn to someone else...

Wesley Sneijder, Phillip Lahm and Gianluca Buffon would be great as Big signings!

Think about a team looking like this:

Buffon

Lahm, Mellberg, Young, Bouma

Young, Nigel Reo-Coker, Barry, Sneijder

Carew, Defoe

Reserve team:

Sorensen

Delaney, Laursen, Cahill, O`Halloran

Maloney, Gardner, Petrov, Berger

Agbonlahor, Moore

Williams

Taylor