Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Per A. Flod is really a lawyer, like many other agents. I really don't think he has many clients, if any, except Carew. And does he have anyone outside Norway? Not sure, but I am 99% certain. He has never been mentioned with foreign players in the media

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each team has there deluded fans, as we saw with that West Ham fan the other day, but there is not a big enough gap between us, Newcastle and West Ham, to think we should have some divine right to sign the likes of Barton if we want him.

Nobody is claiming any such thing Sam.

Debunking shit newspaper talk that is usually weighted against unfashionable Villa isnt the same thing.

And Young took advice from Boothroyd, its true but his mind was made up for several reasons.

1- He REALLY liked what Villa said to him

2- He already had friends at the club from the U21's.

Name one player of note we have been beaten to recently? And I dont mean crap that some rag has spewed out but actual facts.

The transfer I told you about, Ashley Young, for instance. Spurs and West Ham as well as a few others were interested and we won. Why? Take your pick of reasons. West Ham offered more money and Spurs offered European football but he still chose Villa. There's your precedent.

Will all players choose us? No. No club could expect that. Not even Man Utd. So what?

Also, I'm not aware of any player choosing the number of fans in the stadium as any incentive to join a club. Thats ridiculous. They do whats best for their careers and families and thats it.

Ashley Young joined us because Aidie Boothroyd advised him to because he was a young player, i somehow don't think the likes of Parker and Barton will need advise from their current managers

No one has said we will miss out on all players, but people like me are responding to people who seem to think its absurd that a player would choose Newcastle or West Ham over us.

We are all competing for players, we have our plus points but so do the other two clubs.

Martin O'Neill has a big reputation, as does Sam Allardyce

If i was a professional footballer with no ties to Aston Villa, i personally would probably join Newcastle as it all stands now

The opportunity to play alongside the likes of Owen, and the opportunity to play in front of 52,000 soon to be 60, every week would be a big factor, as it is too many players who comment on how great it is too play on such a big stage as St James's Park.

Also some players would consider West Ham, the chance to live in London as a plus point, but the fact West Ham are prepared to offer the likes of 60 grand + out to players is another bonus.

The opportunity to play under Martin O'Neill and to train in top quality facilities would also draw me towards Villa

Each team has there deluded fans, as we saw with that West Ham fan the other day, but there is not a big enough gap between us, Newcastle and West Ham, to think we should have some divine right to sign the likes of Barton if we want him.

you'd be deluded if you did join them then, Newcastle are in shit loads of debt and will make a couple of superficial signings to appease the fans for half a season.

Today in the office your name villa and spurs were popping up every 15mins you are trying to get some one in from France, the agent of the player in France also manges John Carew.

Does this mean we are competing with spuds for the same player or does it mean we and spuds are busy but pursuing different players?

John Carew is Per A. Flod's main client.

- Carew makes 200.000 pounds a month, Flod takes 10K of this sum

- He pays Carew's bills

- Buys real-estate for him and takes care of renting it out to people

- Does his media appearances, although it's not happening in England

- Invests his money, which means he contacts the bank 4 times each week

- Takes care of Carew's insurances etc etc

Flod has been Carew's agent for 10 years

I am very surprised at some posts here about how West Ham act in the transfer market. Remember that many on here wanted Curbishley as our new manager hadnt MON option turned up...all of a sudden Curbishley seem crazy on the transfer market and he also seems to be a manager thathasnt got a clue...

Well...I think you might be in for a hard surprise here...Curbishley obviously has money to spend and he is eager to get the best players available. He did great at Charlton with a very small budget and now he seems to have a budget in the same fold as MON.

I like the way West Ham show ambition by being aggressive on the transfer market. You be fooled if you think that Eggert and Curbishley dont know what they´re doing...

I can see Parker coming to West Ham and they might even get Barton. I wouldnt be surprised if Bent was coming too.

I think that some of you really have to take notice that there are clubs like West Ham out there that might disturb Villa build up and MONs targets. I respect Curbishley and thinks he is one of the greatest managers in England.

Nobody is claiming any such thing Sam.

Debunking shit newspaper talk that is usually weighted against unfashionable Villa isnt the same thing.

without trawling all the way back through this thread, i have seen quite a few times people comment on how so and so would come to us if if it came to it for reasons such as 'why would anyone wnat to go Newcastle they will just flop as usuall' etc etc etc

no one claimed what was said in the report was true, just that it plants seeds of doubt in you're mind.

you'd be deluded if you did join them then, Newcastle are in shit loads of debt and will make a couple of superficial signings to appease the fans for half a season.

maybe, or the fact that they are on the verge of getting fully taken over by someone worth treble the amount of money as Randy has would make me think otherwise.

Of course Newcastle will make all big name signings just to appease fans, who will no doubt flop even though they are under new management, but Villa of course will make fantastic signings who will take us straight back to the top

I like the way West Ham show ambition by being aggressive on the transfer market. You be fooled if you think that Eggert and Curbishley dont know what they´re doing...

But rumours suggest they want to sign Andrew Johnson for £13m and give him £90,000 a week wages. That is just CRAZY money...

West Ham will be a good team next season but they'll always be West Ham.

good point,

Parker will probably pull out at the last minute and decide he wants to come here instead because of that reason.

I think West Ham is doing exactly right.

The first time that could be claimed since those loan deals made the news Tricella. :winkold:

Is anyone else sick to the teeth of West Ham who should have been relegated buying players like they have just stolen someone's credit card and raising the bar on all transfer fees and wages? They could be another Leeds, but they should already be half way there if the powers that be had any nerve.

I also think this NRC deal needs to be done and dusted before the U21 tournament starts. If he wants to come he will come this week, if he does not he will drag it out waiting for someone else to bite and I don't expect MON to wait for him whilst other targets get signed by others. As far as Koumas is concerned he is good going forward but will not track back. This sounds like the player trying to tempt us to come in for him but if MON wants him then I back his judgement.

But rumours suggest they want to sign Andrew Johnson for £13m and give him £90,000 a week wages. That is just CRAZY money...

Well...Johnson aint just shit and we dont know if there is any truth of that. But if they can splash out that kind of money then they will be a real threat for MON build up.

good point,

Parker will probably pull out at the last minute and decide he wants to come here instead because of that reason.

Egg head has quite clearly promised Parker all the McDonalds ads he wants ;)

good point,

Parker isn't a winner for me so will be more than happy to join their revolution. Certain clubs in the country you can throw millions at they will never be successful. West Ham, SHA, Portsmouth, Newcastle are the few that spring to mind.

Certain clubs in the country you can throw millions at they will never be successful. West Ham, SHA, Portsmouth, Newcastle are the few that spring to mind.

The difference with these 4 teams Amo is that West Ham, Portsmouth and Newcastle have won things in the past and might one day win something again. The other team never has and never will.