Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

MON said quality AND quantity...how do you all know that we cant get Bellamy. Koumas, Sneijder and Huntelaar in one big swipe? We dont know what kind of money MON have and what the clubs strategy is so why compare those players in the first place?

It isnt like Lernar, Krulan and MON has told us that we can only have one candy from the candy box and then no more...

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koumas and Bellamy, or Sneijder and Huntelaar? I know which pair I'd choose to pursue and I also think our credibility as an ambitious club depends on positive media reaction to our signings.

Huntelaar you're kidding right?. Isnt Sneijder primarily a left winger which we dont need?. People need to get a sense of perspective. It's amazing that if a player linked to Villa isnt some world star he's slagged off to high heaven. where the hell has all this bullshit come from?.

Higher ambition and expectations maybe?

If MON can get Sneijder I think he will move any player in his way. Sneijder is class and if he plays on the left then Barry can go into the middle and Young take care of the right side.

MON said quality AND quantity...how do you all know that we cant get Bellamy. Koumas, Sneijder and Huntelaar in one big swipe? We dont know what kind of money MON have and what the clubs strategy is so why compare those players in the first place?

It isnt like Lernar, Krulan and MON has told us that we can only have one candy from the candy box and then no more...

Lernar and Krulan!!!!?????? :roll: :o :shock: :roll:

Sneijder can play all across the midfield IIRC.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Koumas could be fishing for a move to us? I mean we might have an interest and it might not be as concrete as say Everton or whoever else is interested and he prefers a move to us.

Either that or MON really likes him and wants to bring him in! :lol:

Higher ambition and expectations maybe?

But good players linked are getting repeatedly slagged off. I also think expectations then are unrealistic. As MON and the General have said they have a 5 year plan.

Koumas and Bellamy, or Sneijder and Huntelaar? I know which pair I'd choose to pursue and I also think our credibility as an ambitious club depends on positive media reaction to our signings.

Huntelaar you're kidding right?. Isnt Sneijder primarily a left winger which we dont need?. People need to get a sense of perspective. It's amazing that if a player linked to Villa isnt some world star he's slagged off to high heaven. where the hell has all this bullshit come from?.

Plus Sneijder plays in the middle for Ajax and he can play on left on occasion. Lets say for arguments sake Huntelaar and Sneijder are out of reach. That still doesn't make Championship players any more desirable. Spurs should be our barometer in that they are a big club without Champs League and with money to spend. Whilst Koumas is a good player he's a Middlesbrough level player at best. You dont need to be a world star to get the pulse racing but you do need to have a certain level of ability.

If MON can get Sneijder I think he will move any player in his way. Sneijder is class and if he plays on the left then Barry can go into the middle and Young take care of the right side.

so where would we fit in Reo Coker and Petrov then ?

That still doesn't make Championship players any more desirable. Spurs should be our barometer in that they are a big club without Champs League and with money to spend.

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Spurs buy quite a few of their players from championship clubs ?

Dawson

Huddlestone

Lennon

Bale

Robinson (possibly?)

surely, the only criteria for signing a player should be for thinking he's good ? what league he plays in has no bearing on it at all

the joys of having a big squad :winkold:

Plus Sneijder plays in the middle for Ajax and he can play on left on occasion. Lets say for arguments sake Huntelaar and Sneijder are out of reach. That still doesn't make Championship players any more desirable. Spurs should be our barometer in that they are a big club without Champs League and with money to spend. Whilst Koumas is a good player he's a Middlesbrough level player at best. You dont need to be a world star to get the pulse racing but you do need to have a certain level of ability.

I think posters have already ably demonstrated that he is a good player. Read back and learn.

Spurs should be our barometer in that they are a big club without Champs League and with money to spend. Whilst Koumas is a good player he's a Middlesbrough level player at best.

Are you trying to tell me that Spurs did not buy players from the Championship?

Keep them in rotation.

It's better to gave a selection of good players for cover rather than one play per position and then having trouble when one gets injured.

i'd love to see Petrov's face if he was demoted to the bench. can't see O'Neill spending 8m on him, 8m on Reo Coker (TBC) to only play one of em in the middle

and Barry should be a CERT in any Villa side. and i'm tempted to say Young should be too after his strong end to last season

correct me if i'm wrong but didn't Spurs buy quite a few of their players from championship clubs ?

Dawson

Huddlestone

Lennon

Bale

Robinson (possibly?)

surely, the only criteria for signing a player should be for thinking he's good ? what league he plays in has no bearing on it at all

Exactamundo

Koumas claims Villa interest

By Alex Livie - Created on 4 Jun 2007

Jason Koumas claims Aston Villa are considering a bid for his services, but says he is in no rush to decide his next move.

Koumas had a fine season for West Brom, but he seems intent on moving on from The Hawthorns after their failure to secure promotion to the Premiership.

The midfielder said recently that he would be open to a move to Everton, amid reported interest from Goodison Park, and he now claims Villa are also on his trail.

"I've known about Aston Villa's interest so it is no surprise," said the classy Wales midfielder. "But I'll have a break and decide what I'm going to do in a couple of months.

"You wouldn't believe how much I want to have a break now and then decide what I'm going to do in the summer. I've got a lot of thinking to do.

"I'll have a meeting with the manager and the chairman and see what is happening."

Clicky...

That still doesn't make Championship players any more desirable. Spurs should be our barometer in that they are a big club without Champs League and with money to spend.

Dawson

Huddlestone

Lennon

Bale

Robinson (possibly?)

You're right they were championship players except for Robinson. Dawson was 21, Huddleston was 20, Lennon was 18, Bale is 17 Koumas is 28 in September.

The championship is a much tougher league than a lot of tin pot leagues in Europe
You're right there.
What he said.