Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see anything about the proposed Koumas transfer that doesn't fit in with what the General said.

He'd be a quality signing, hopefully one of many.

No he wouldnt. Looking at our squad at this current moment, how the hell can you call Koumas a QUALITY signing. Each to their own, Koumas does not point towards the information we have been given.

Why isn't he quality? He looks quality to me. And what's our squad got to with whether he's quality or not. He's better than McCann, Davis and Gardner at the very least.

Ofc our squad has everything to say wether a signing is quality. A signing is called quality depending in the impact he would have on your current squad. A quality signing for us, is not the same as a quality signing for R&D.

Petrov, Young, Barry, Maloney, Gardner, Berger and hopefully NRC. Compared to these he is not quality, and he does not fit the bill considering what we have been fed from our club.

So direct quotes from board members, assuming the General is as ive got not idea what is actual role is, does no count PR babble?

What has the General said then? "I think we will sign some quality players", maybe the manager and your opinion on what constitutes quality differs. Ever thought of that?

No figure that, MON has different views the fans on a messageboard. Alert the media. Its pretty obvious that whatever posts people make, are there own opinions. Nobody as a clubs spokes person or whatever here. Except the General, who has said we are to expect star and quality signings. Koumas is not a star and not a quality player if we are to fight with the big boys.

Petrov, Young, Barry, Maloney, Gardner, Berger and hopefully NRC. Compared to these he is not quality, and he does not fit the bill considering what we have been fed from our club.

IN

YOUR

OPINION.

That does not, I repeat does NOT make it fact. If we can add Koumas to that list and it doesn't affect the rest of our summer deals, explain to me how on earth that would make him a bad signing?

Except the General, who has said we are to expect star and quality signings. Koumas is not a star and not a quality player if we are to fight with the big boys.

Find me one quote from the General where he says we'll make 'star signings'. That's from the general by the way, not local newspapers.

IN

YOUR

OPINION.

That does not, I repeat does NOT make it fact. If we can add Koumas to that list and it doesn't affect the rest of our summer deals, explain to me how on earth that would make him a bad signing?

YES,

THAT

IS

WHY

I

POST.

I

TALK

FOR

MYSELF.

abuse deleted. TRL behave, or stop posting on VillaTalk. blandy

So direct quotes from board members, assuming the General is as ive got not idea what is actual role is, does no count PR babble?

What has the General said then? "I think we will sign some quality players", maybe the manager and your opinion on what constitutes quality differs. Ever thought of that?

No figure that, MON has different views the fans on a messageboard. Alert the media. Its pretty obvious that whatever posts people make, are there own opinions. Nobody as a clubs spokes person or whatever here. Except the General, who has said we are to expect star and quality signings. Koumas is not a star and not a quality player if we are to fight with the big boys.

as you said, in your opinion...

In mine Star player: No. Quality player: Most definitley

Agreed TRL . IMO he wouldn't add anything to our squad and would come behind all of the players you mention in the pecking order. There's no point signing someone just because they are better than McCann. We should, and I'm confident we will, be aiming higher than above-average Championship players who have already tried in the Prem and, to borrow from BFR, didn't exactly pull up any trees.

Except the General, who has said we are to expect star and quality signings. Koumas is not a star and not a quality player if we are to fight with the big boys.

Find me one quote from the General where he says we'll make 'star signings'. That's from the general by the way, not local newspapers.

I dont bother argueing with people calling other village idiots. Dont get all lost in the civilization at IoM.

Koumas was their player of the season when he went down, and at that time there were loads of Villa fans who said he'd make a good signing.

YES,

THAT

IS

WHY

I

POST.

HOW

BLEEDIN

THICK

ARE

YOU.

I

TALK

FOR

MYSELF.

I don't think insulting my intelligence helps your position. Never mind, it's my fault I shouldn't have wound you up. Or maybe it's the language barrier, or is it dark over there at the moment?

You're right I'm wrong. Koumas is dirt.

I dont bother argueing with people calling other village idiots. Dont get all lost in the civilization at IoM.

That's fine Tarj, you make comments about other posters' lack of football knowledge, but fall back on that cop out when you've been shown to be wrong.

But I feel sorry for you, so I'll help you out. The general hasn't ONCE mentioned 'star' signings.

Koumas was their player of the season when he went down, and at that time there were loads of Villa fans who said he'd make a good signing.

Well I just hope that MON, who I think knows better, doesn't listen this time in the same way as DOL didn't back then (he did get something right after all!)

Exactly. The argument that "He can't be any good because he plays for a relegated team" doesn't wash.

We damn nearly got relegated - if we had, would that have made Gareth Barry merely Championship fodder, and not good enough for the Prem? No, Spurs would have bloody snatched him up.

If Koumas is a part of MON's master plan, that's good enough for me.

But it's still Nothing But A Rumour.