Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just voicing my concerns that a rival club are signing a very good player we could have taken easily.

How could we have Parker have been 'taken easily'?

All the reports say that he is only leaving because he wants to move back to London.

Rephrasing; easily good enough for our team. Would kick McCann out of the place

I am just voicing my concerns that a rival club are signing a very good player we could have taken easily.

How could we have Parker have been 'taken easily'?

All the reports say that he is only leaving because he wants to move back to London.

Rephrasing; easily good enough for our team. Would kick McCann out of the place

I'd agree with the fact that he is good enough for us. Although McCann is already out of the team before we even start to make signings.

Remember the Spanish league isn't even finished so the Silly Season haven't really begun. Saying that, other teams seem to have understood that the earlier you start the earlier you get the pieces to your puzzle. I don't care about West Ham as they are always going to be a wrecked club but our goal this season is to at least surpass clubs like Everton, Portsmouth and Newcastle.

By the looks of things, a signing or two may just about restore people's sanity ...........because reading this thread is making me anxious and nervous too.............because we all desperately want top class players to come.........and each signing that is made by other clubs.........is making us think 'we should have had him!'.........

Time to take a deep breath and trust that Martin O'Neill and Randy will deliver!

I will do some investigating and see if i can find anything out.

oh my god - what is going on here?

People have gone mad.

Look, can some of us just grow up and cope with the fact that other teams also want to buy good players. We have no divine right to be buying all and sundry. This attitiude of 'west ham are buying......why didn't we?' is quite frankly ridiculous.

We have our OWN targets. MON built successful sides int he past by choosing his OWN men to play in certain positions. The evidence since he took over is that we will spend money and aren't afraid to splash out if needs be, even on someone unproven like Young.

Calm down, for god's sake. I think some of you need to go on holiday. Spending all day on here makes it seem to you like weeks are passing every day. Season's only just ending...!

Daft.

... Please tell us why you are 95% certain of him signing ....

I was asked this question when I made the original post and so I gave my reasons then. You could track back in the thread and read them if you wish.

Since then one or two further reasons have arisen, but if I mention them this is likely to attract hostile responses, rather than much reasonable (and on-topic) discussion, so it's better that I don't.

Asking how many times he has seen Darren Bent this season is a pretty lame comeback dude, if he wanted to

he could have turned on his TV and watched all the games if he wanted to.... and watched the 14 or so goals

he scored in a season where he spent the middle section out with an injury, as well as adjusting to the games

when he came back from it. His tally now in two seasons is something like 33 goals, for Charlton? Gabby is a

wonderful player I am very much looking forward to seeing develop, but Darren Bent oozes class and he is

a perfect striker for a club such as ours. Gives you pace and lethal finishing, gives you 15-20 league goals. Easy.

:bonk: You really are up yourself aren't you.... Really, really not deserved... :wave:

Far from it, just think its amusing :)

Anyway OT, we signed anyone yet? :wink:

Well you're not amusing, just a wind up merchant.... you bore me!