Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Bellamy and Kewell - no, that would be a waste of money

Ribery and Defoe - yes

I think you can forget Ribery...I have a feeling he wont suit MON. Ribery has a rep about him that says he isnt a teamplayer and often crash into conflicts with manager and board. He has moved quite a lot if you´re looking at his age and his clubs.

Ribery is quality...but I dont think he is good for Villa and tbh I dont think Villa suite him and his ambition. We are two-three years away from attracting players like him to the club.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bellamy and kewell-yes,bellamy would be a great partner for carew and that partnership would score loads.Kewell is a gamble that i'm willing to make because he is likely to be available cheap and when he is fit he is an assett.You never know,his injury days might be over but of course there is a huge risk.

ribery and defoe-yes please.ribery did well in the wc and looks a fantastic player.i have admired him for quite a long time.However the french connection in arsenal is a huge draw for him.Defoe has a good scoring record.

I'm greedy aren't i? :D

bellamy and kewell-yes,bellamy would be a great partner for carew and that partnership would score loads.Kewell is a gamble that i'm willing to make because he is likely to be available cheap and when he is fit he is an assett.You never know,his injury days might be over but of course there is a huge risk.

ribery and defoe-yes please.ribery did well in the wc and looks a fantastic player.i have admired him for quite a long time.However the french connection in arsenal is a huge draw for him.Defoe has a good scoring record.

You reckon? Who'd put the ball in the back of the net, Bellamy or Carew? Wouldn't Gabby or Luke do it more often? Not saying we don't need an extra striker, by the way.

You reckon? Who'd put the ball in the back of the net, Bellamy or Carew? Wouldn't Gabby or Luke do it more often? Not saying we don't need an extra striker, by the way.

Bellamy would.I'm not saying moore or gabby wouldn't but i reckon bellamy can play on the left or right of carew in a 4-3-3.

My guess is that MON finds it hard to attract good players and he has to stand in line for players such as NRC, Darren Bent and Nugent. I just hope it doesn't mean we're going to sign Koumas, McShane and other second-rated players..

how about a mixture of the two

and this thing about Nugent, no better than Koumas, in fact I would say Koumas is the betterplayer, relative to their positions

Is one not a striker and one a midfielder :?

This thread is rubbish but addictive.

Much like a scotch egg.

Oh, and I am the only one that feels a little embarassed about being linked with Harry Kewell?

Aston Villa, like. Not me personally.

A team always needs a good striker, I guess Nugent can turn out to be one as there clearly aren't many who plays for England when they are in the Championship. My knowledge of him is very little but I am pretty sure he has great composure in front of goal and knows to handle the ball even though he is big(ish). Koumas is just one of many, as a midfielder I guess he would just be on level with McCann and Leon Osman.

didn't sheffield united have a 6m bid for him rejected in january, thats a ridiculous price, if we could get him for under 3m it might be worth a punt.