Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how we'd love to have a Brazilian at the club! If he could continue the form he's shown in the dutch league he'd def be a fans favorite.

Yeah id say 34 goals for us would make him somewhat of a success! :lol:

I would say that his freekicks was marvellous. The other goals was sometime poor defending, but that is also to be seen in Premier. I think he could do great at Villa. Afonso Alves och John Carew would be a big striker pair too... :winkold:

So in a way you are right, he is 100% Bollox !! but I will rest my case on him now and just pray we don’t go for him..

May i ask what you will do?

How about give him a chance? No?

Or how about trust MON with the signings? No?

Nothing much left, better stop supporting. ;)

I'm sure there will be players that people are not keen about this summer, but to fly off the handle before even seeing them play in a Vill shirt is ridiculous!

May i ask what you will do?--- drink a beer and cry

How about give him a chance? No?---Oh that's tough!

Or how about trust MON with the signings? No?-- I do, but not in this case!

Nothing much left, better stop supporting.--- Always had,Always Will.. Nuff said :winkold:

Oh how we'd love to have a Brazilian at the club! If he could continue the form he's shown in the dutch league he'd def be a fans favorite.

Yeah id say 34 goals for us would make him somewhat of a success! :lol:

-20 of his goals for being in a crap league and it'd still be a good return. Plus he is Brazilian! Would he be the first ever Brazilian to play for us? Is it history in the making?

Or how about trust MON with the signings? No?-- I do, but not in this case!

You must see how ridiculous this is, dare i say it but your not the Villa manager, you dont know more than the manager and i doubt you know more about players.

Hmmm, Scott Parker for £7m.

Any takers?

Yes please, i would imagine there would be lots at that price!

A random thought, or any news?

I forgot where I read it but it was reported that west ham want parker and that he was available for 7 mill.i think it was in the f365 transfer gossip section.

Scott Parker is worth £7m and would be a great asset for our midfield. The problem is if he is the best choice available...but I like to have him in the team...thats for sure.

When he went to Newcastle almost everyone wanted him at Villa so he was at least very interesting to fans of Villa back then...and should´nt have lost so many supporters despite playing for Newcastle. It is not his fault that Newcastle has been one of the biggest underachieveing team this season.

Hmmm, Scott Parker for £7m.

Any takers?

Yes please, i would imagine there would be lots at that price!

A random thought, or any news?

I forgot where I read it but it was reported that west ham want parker and that he was available for 7 mill.i think it was in the f365 transfer gossip section.

Aload of rubbish then.

West Am will offer NRC as a straight swop i would imagine...

So in a way you are right, he is 100% Bollox !! but I will rest my case on him now and just pray we don’t go for him..

May i ask what you will do?

How about give him a chance? No?

Or how about trust MON with the signings? No?

Nothing much left, better stop supporting. ;)

I'm sure there will be players that people are not keen about this summer, but to fly off the handle before even seeing them play in a Vill shirt is ridiculous!

What signings? :winkold:

Villa Set For Double Raid

Tue 29 May, 01:09 PM

Aston Villa could be set for a double raid on Liverpool, according to reports.

The Liverpool Echo claims that Villa boss Martin O'Neill is planning to move for both Craig Bellamy and Australian winger Harry Kewell in the summer.

Liverpool apparently want as much as £12 million for Bellamy, but Kewell could be available at a knock-down price after injuries restricted him to just three substitute appearances last season.

Came in the sporting life today. Maybe old news, don't know as I haven't read through the whole thread here (like, go to page 460....).

Anyone recon that Harry Kewel would be any good? I mean he has been through a lot of injuries recently, hardly played at all.

I still think his best days were with Leeds, which is some time ago.

Didn't someone mention Ribery and Defoe....:lol:

Ribery to tempt Arsenal

Arsenal have been given the green light to sign top transfer target Franck Ribery this summer after the Frenchman's club, Olympique Marseille, admitted that the 24-year-old is up for sale.

"Ribery will leave for a significant fee that is good for L'OM," said Marseille president Pape Diouf. "But that doesn't mean we want him to leave."

Arsenal enquired last summer about the £15million-rated Frenchman and have long been regarded as favourites for his signature, partly because of the French influence at Emirates Stadium and the fact that Thierry Henry is one of Ribery's best friends in football.

Arsene Wenger, who has spoken of signing only "super, super class" players this summer, is aware of the need to freshen up a team whose game plan became predictable last season without the natural width that Ribery would provide.

But the Arsenal boss faces competition for the French international from Bayern Munich, who have money in the bank following the £18million sale of Owen Hargreaves to Manchester United.

Real Madrid and Chelsea are also keeping tabs on the midfielder.

Ribery is confident his playing future will be decided soon.

"At the end of next week, we should know more about my future," he told a French newspaper.

Arsenal face a mid-season striking crisis next year when Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor heads off to the African Nations Cup.

They may also lose Julio Baptista, the Brazilian who struggled to settle after arriving on loan from Real Madrid.

Premiership Rumour Mill: Allardyce targets Spurs striker Defoe if Owen quits Newcastle

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce will make a move for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe if Michael Owen quits Tyneside.

The Magpies manager will give Defoe the stage he needs to press his international claims and can offer him the regular first-team football he lacks at White Hart Lane.

Defoe is also wanted by Portsmouth and Manchester United with Liverpool also a possible destination. Spurs, however, are highly unlikely to allow him to leave until they sign a replacement with Charlton striker Darren Bent their key target.

Pompey are planning a double swoop for Middlesbrough marksmen Mark Viduka and Yakubu if they are ruled out of the dash for Defoe.

Harry Redknapp is acutely aware that his team lacked goals last term and is eager to rectify the problem.

He has strengthened his defence by signing Sylvain Distin and Hermann Hraidarsson and is close to completing the club record £7million deal which will bring Sulley Muntari to Fratton Park from Serie A club Udinese.

But Boro boss Gareth Southgate hopes Nigerian forward Yakubu will remain at the Riverside and said: "I still think Yakubu is a very important player for us.

"He has not said anything to me that he was unsettled or that he was unhappy about anything. He wasn’t very happy around Christmas when we were down near the bottom of the table but who is when you are down near the bottom?

"So I think as far as we are concerned we have got to try and keep our top players and build around them really. Every player has a value - but that doesn’t mean to say we are looking to sell them.

"There are some players for whom you certainly wouldn’t welcome bids. I think if any club in the country gets the right bid for a player they have to think about it. But we are wanting to build a team rather than sell players."

Clicky...

BBC are reporting that Jagielka has rejected Villa and Newcastle to join Everton.

£4 million as well, release fee in his contract.

If that is true then so be it...Jagielka wouldnt have been a big signing player anyway and tbh I think we´ve had enough buys from relegated teams. However...Jagielka is a good player so he will strengthen Everton and make them even stronger.

BBC are reporting that Jagielka has rejected Villa and Newcastle to join Everton.

£4 million as well, release fee in his contract.

Yeah i posted that earlier, was told it means nothing.

Jagielka would have improved us as well.