Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Back on the topic of useless and unrealistic speculation. Francesco Totti scored 2 goals today to finish with 26 in Serie A. Do you think he's ready for a big time move to Villa Park? :shock:

ha ha ha,not a chance.he's 1 of the best players in europe.

and Villa intend to be one of the best teams in europe.

for sure but do you not think its a little early for Totti and the like..dont get me wrong i wouldnt mind it.

You may well be right fran, but this club is going places and Mon will not settle for second best.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Villa he says :

Quote:

I swear I wasn't even aware Martin O'Neill was at Kilmarnock last week! I only found out afterwards. But there's no guarantee he was looking at me. He might have been there to look at Stevie Naismith or any one of a number of players. Obviously he was there watching somebody but you can't assume it's yourself. I dare say people do come to watch me on aregular basis - it's part and parcel of football.

Villa is a big club with a lot of potential and they finished the season very strongly. They appear to have a serious financial backing and seem very ambitious, so yeah it's the type of club you'd have to seriously consider. But as yet, they haven't made any interest known, so there's absolutely nothing for me to think about.

That doesn´t sound so bad, here is hoping.

As for NRC and Matty Taylor, yes please!

Looks like Gordon would love to join us.

I see Matty Taylor is now linked with Liverpool and Spurs.

Can't be that bad a signing now can he? Now the teams that we feel will beat us for EVERY transfer are after him too! :roll:

ffs every player you see is linked to spurs,the prem will just consist of spurs from next season :x .

Or certain people may actually be wrong, anyway its only an opinions.

Some people think Ferriera is good, if he wasn't at a big club he wouldn't be even mentioned because of how cack he is. If Sissko wasn't at Liverplop nobody would give a monkeys.

Sissoko can tackle and cannot pass, i dont see the difference from McCann both are half decent DM's.

Just my opinion mind, i could be wrong i'm sure someone will point out my failings ;)

Cannot pass? I saw a fair bit of Sissoko when he was at Valencia, and obviously I've seen him playing for Liverpool too.

He can pass. And he can beat men too.

Can't be that bad a signing now can he? Now the teams that we feel will beat us for EVERY transfer are after him too! :roll:

My mate was at Leamington FC's end of season presentation where Matty Taylor was giving the awards. It was said that he is a Villa fan

If that statement isn't a come and get me MON then I don't know what is!!

Interestingly enough according to People and other Sunday papers off OS

most of the players mentioned ..Taylor, Naismith, Gordon, Bellamy, McShane plus NRC are all being chased by MON.

Taylor, NRC, Bellamy and Gordon WOULD improve us immensly.

MON will sign a defender in there too and maybe a winger.

The summer looks promising.

I'm not in a panic situation whatsoever.

My mate was at Leamington FC's end of season presentation where Matty Taylor was giving the awards. It was said that he is a Villa fan

According to Wikepedia he is a Spurs fan.

But so is Barry.

:winkold:

According to Wikepedia he is a Spurs fan.

But so is Barry.

:winkold:

just doing my duty and passing on what I have heard. :winkold:

Manuel Fernandes anyone?

I'd take him before Reo-coker to be honest, the kid is very exciting and is box to box with no little skill, i think a lot of peoples grip with being linked with the likes of Bellamy, Taylor and possibley Reo-coker is that they're not names that really blow your socks off, even though i'm sure we all agree they'd all add something to the side everyone likes something a little more exotic than they're used to, we want the next Ronaldo, the next Henry or Vieria!!, but sometimes the player who you think might just be "a solid signing" can turn out to be the hero we've been looking for!!.

Taylor, NRC, Bellamy and Gordon WOULD improve us immensly.

MON will sign a defender in there too and maybe a winger.

The summer looks promising.

I'm not in a panic situation whatsoever.

i am :cry: .just wish i was a fly on the wall in mon's office.

If that statement isn't a come and get me MON then I don't know what is!!

Interestingly enough according to People and other Sunday papers off OS

most of the players mentioned ..Taylor, Naismith, Gordon, Bellamy, McShane plus NRC are all being chased by MON.

Just a question, if Mon is strongly interested in the half dozen players listed above, what about the numerous scouting trips abroad by Mon, ISM et al. Just how long is his list of top class and squad players?

Manuel Fernandes anyone?

I'd take him before Reo-coker to be honest, the kid is very exciting and is box to box with no little skill, i think a lot of peoples grip with being linked with the likes of Bellamy, Taylor and possibley Reo-coker is that they're not names that really blow your socks off, even though i'm sure we all agree they'd all add something to the side everyone likes something a little more exotic than they're used to, we want the next Ronaldo, the next Henry or Vieria!!, but sometimes the player who you think might just be "a solid signing" can turn out to be the hero we've been looking for!!.

I honestly believe NRC will be a great signing should we get him.

Not that convinced about NRC.

One season wonder. Did ok for West Ham last season, but has really come in for some stick from WHU fans this season for repeated below par performances.

Am I the only one who thinks Joey Barton would be a lot better?

One season wonder. Did ok for West Ham last season, but has really come in for some stick from WHU fans this season for repeated below par performances.

I did say Barton yesterday too. But thinking about it, Barton comes with a heck of a lot of baggage and probably less energy than Reo-Coker.

I like the idea of the energy he could bring to our team, in a similar role to what Gardner has been doing - box to box, etc. He likes to get stuck in aswel, and has scored a few good goals along the way.

Think he'd become a fans favourite if he came.

not keen on Joey Barton - again, some can say that he is also a one season wonder + trouble

problem i have with NRC is his age. Villa already has a team full of young players and I would like to see some more experienced players in there. Just look at arsenal - too many young players who will drop their heads when things aint happening.

Loved to see Scott Parker in the heart of our midfield

its just the feckin baggage that comes with him,i dont think many people would dispute his abilaity tbh.

Here are some WHU fans opinions of NRC:

him and his agent make out like he saves us. 'never felt wanted', was given captaincy at the age of about 20. f*ck off nigel and watch my **** fist on the way out. and when you cupped your ear against man u, i couldve cut it off you two bob word removed. and if i see you in a T*tenham shirt, i will burn your house down with your family in it you **** word removed*.

:shock:

I felt we as fans had every right to word removed him off considering his attitude was **** appaling as well his performances early and halfway into the season. Just because he picked up near the end he is making out as if he saved us. he is a good player, we have been over critical about his performances at times but he can do one. He is another fat frank by the looks of it.

don't think i'll miss him even he leaves,

I dislike his attitude, also his performance this season is unbelievably awful for a captain.

If the captain plays like sh*t, the team becomes sh*t too.

Hope we can get 6-10m for him

looking forward to a decent DMC

A shame to see another good player leave, he will go on to be a great player but he never wanted to be one with us.

Yossi to take his place in CM and bring in Parker.

"

I am surprised that a 22 year old londoner who is captain is being allowed to leave"?

He has put in a transfer request for christ's sake!

Reo cokers attitude was awful for the first half of the season and yet again, another player is leting his agent (who is only in it for his cut) make him look an even bigger t*t.

Go cup your ear somewhere else. Perish people paying £50 to watch you stroll about actually letting you know what they think of your prima donna performances this season. W*gan seems like an ideal place, they haven't got any fans there to upset you.

I wonder what all you lot who want him gone will be saying in 2-3 years time when he plays for a top 4 team in the champs league, in the England squad on a regular basis, and the whole country is wondering why we let yet another potentially great player go.

If he improves his passing he is EASILY top 4 material.

Im not saying he hasn't been a bit of a word removed in the past season and he certainly hasn't carried himself in the right manner a lot of the time, but he was a huge part in helping us stay up and I really dont think we should be selling one of our best young English prospects if we are realistic about breaking into the top 6 on a regular basis.

I took a selection of quotes, not just the bad ones, and the underlying message seems to be this bad attitude.

I don't think he is worth anywhere near 8 million based on the above.

Maybe 4-5 mill at a push.