Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Newcastle are after Baines aren't they? Thought I heard that anyway. Spurs are getting a great player in Bale :?

Where has this been confirmed?

It hasn't. I'm just saying if they get him (and he has passed a medical if the rumours are to be believed) then they are getting one.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that MON seems to be buying British.

Alot of my mates have been commenting on Villa and how they are loving the English contingent in our team - genuine comments too!

So MON has been linked with Jagielka, Taylor, Gordon and Bellamy.

I'd personally love all of them to come, epsecially Gordon, he could be a bit special!

Gordon

Jagielka Mellberg Laursen Bouma

Young Petrov Barry Taylor

Carew Bellamy

Looks good :)

I'm liking Taylor on the left of midfield. I think Berger's only good for around 10 games max and then not even full ones.

Taylor would be a great signing.

Would they sell though, he is arguably their best player?

Exactly what I was thinking but seems they might. Wants to move more 'north' apparantly.

Could have some substance. Especially as Harry has gone out and bought Distin and Heridasson - both of whom can play at left back or in the middle.

Signed Muntari too who is left footed? (I think).

Could be something in this one.

Spurs are getting a great player in Bale

Yes I think he is a good player. However the only thing that holds me back from thinking they have pulled off a coup is that he is a good young player in a lower league.

I've lived in Pompey for years now and Matty Taylor is nothing more than an average prem performer. Kieran is right, he does work very hard but you dont get much more of a contribution. He get the odd spectacular goal but thats only a few times a season and over 40 games he aint too hot. I would be very happy with him as cover, and then obviously he'd have to get in the side on merit but if he's having 'talks' with Villa why haven't pompey confirmed a bid has being accepted.

Taylor would be a great addition, but i must say that i'm surprised considering we have other positions to fill that would appear to be more of a priority. What will become of Bouma? One of the bright spots of the season. It can only mean that we really are in for a summer of big activity in the transfer market.

mon was mentioning the way spurs have their squad a lot earlier in the season i think he to wants 2 or 3 players fighting for most positions like they have.we will need it if we want to play in europe and add extra games to our season.say bouma gets hurt barry would have to drop back to left back again,not a huge problem but we need him in midfield.

Spurs are getting a great player in Bale

Yes I think he is a good player. However the only thing that holds me back from thinking they have pulled off a coup is that he is a good young player in a lower league.

Apart from that reservation, I think the way he is able to influence a game from left back is incredible. The amount of MOTM performances from him from that position this season is unbelievable. And as much as it seems to be cool to play down promising youngsters these days, I do think this one is for keeps.

Although Spurs are slightly p1ssing in the wind if they buy Bale on one hand and sell Chimbonda with the other.

I've lived in Pompey for years now and Matty Taylor is nothing more than an average prem performer. Kieran is right, he does work very hard but you dont get much more of a contribution. He get the odd spectacular goal but thats only a few times a season and over 40 games he aint too hot. I would be very happy with him as cover, and then obviously he'd have to get in the side on merit but if he's having 'talks' with Villa why haven't pompey confirmed a bid has being accepted.

He scored 9 goals last season.

Him, Barry and Young would represent an 'alternative' England midfield IMO.

I think Taylor is good and i would be pleased if he joined villa. I disagree witht he previous comments because we DO need another left back. After Bouma, we have nobody and if we are going to challenge we will need depth and competition. It cant jsut be "Bouma's good enough, we don't need another LB" because after Bouma there is only Barry and it hurts the team when he isn't in left midfield

Signing Taylor wouldn't affect our other signings because we have money to play with. He is just one of the few positions that will be strengthened

Apart from that reservation, I think the way he is able to influence a game from left back is incredible. The amount of MOTM performances from him from that position this season is unbelievable.

Exactly Bri, 10mill or not manager backed like ours is, now the cost of players is becoming less of a taboo; anyway OT.

I would be pleased to sign Taylor as he is a good solid player. Not sure if he is the left sided player we would need if Barry is to be moved inside but only time will tell. FWIW I seriously doubt we will sign him.