Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Whos that guy that had the inside info on randy and carew a few months ago on here?

Thetrees.

yeah that was him i wonder if hes got any info this time around?

His info was based on his knowledge of the airports so unless its oversea's players, I doubt he will be able to help.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gudjohnsen would be great, but a bit too similar to Carew, maybe? As I see it first of all we need a back-up to Carew when it comes to forwards. The ultimate back-up for him would be a young star on the rise who's willing to sit on the bench and learn his trade behind JC (That's Carew, not Cresswell. :P ). Suggestions? Ashton is the one who springs to my mind.

i wouldnt chose to sign gugjohnson but i wouldnt have any complaints if we did.As for a striker i would like to see a middle build type striker for want of a better phrase some one who is in between carew and gabby,by that i mean a strong player who also has a bit of pace and skill about themselves someone in the kanoute or berbatov mould(not them in paticular) because with gabby,luke and carew we have the two extremes.I read yesterday from ian storey-moore that we are looking for a top striker a goalie and a replacement for ridgewell so it looks like tommy is out then it will be good having a fresh and new number one i would like boruc.

Eidur Gudjohnsen and Luis Fabiano is class....any of those and it will be a great signing.

True, but Luis Fabiano has just won the UEFA cup with Sevilla, and could still win the league. why would he want to leave.

We are being linked with Craig Bellamy again. This is not what I want at all, for various reasons.

Picking up the left overs from Liverpool again? Haven't Collymore and Baros been enough?

TEAMtalk

This one will run and run, just purely because of the fact that Bellamy played for MO'N at Celtic, and that its silly season for lazy journalists who are starved on stories.

We can do much better than Bellamy.

I am probably in the minority here but i would like us to sign bellamy for say 5 million maybe 6 under o`neill playing week in week out he would get us 20 goals a season.He was brilliant at blackburn and would do wonders for us.There are question marks on his attitude but i think alot of that if newspaper hype whereas if you look at the things barton has done he is a genuine bad apple i dont think bellamy is like that.

Bellamy is a talent no doubt about it ....He has the utmost respect for MON as well Maybe he would be perfect partner for Carew?!!...who knows.

What's happened to Defoe joining us this week???!!

However Matty Taylor link is a bit odd.. Unless he's a huge fan of MON and he's totally convinced about the C & B revolution ...why would he wanna leave?.........In any case can't see Harry allowing him to go unless his contract is up soon and he's demanding boats loads of dosh.

All speculation OTPITS!!

I clearly rate Craig Bellamy as a player, he could easily score 15-20 goals next season.

Problem is; he would make Luke Moore get pissed off and probably leave, and he would

no doubt upset the squad morale as he in every sense of the word is a class A fuckhead.

We are being linked with Craig Bellamy again. This is not what I want at all, for various reasons.

Picking up the left overs from Liverpool again? Haven't Collymore and Baros been enough?

TEAMtalk

Thats a fair point but I think Bellamy's a different fish. Collymore was a mess and Baros just wasnt cut out for the premiership style of football and at the time of his arrival we were also rans. Bellamy would always give it his all for whatever club hes at. He could help take us where we want to go.

Is Taylor a left back or a left winger?

Anyway, lets put it this way, I don't think he knows how to score a tap-in!

:lol:

i think he played left back for pompey mostly last year a bit like barry switching from midfield to left back and was one their best players,if this is true and o`neill can get him away from pompey i would be amazed at o`neills charms he is a top player for them.

I clearly rate Craig Bellamy as a player, he could easily score 15-20 goals next season.

Problem is; he would make Luke Moore get pissed off and probably leave, and he would

no doubt upset the squad morale as he in every sense of the word is a class A fuckhead.

I dont think he'd upset the teams morale. Football is full of these class A types! MON and his crew run a very tight ship in this regard. And besides, I'm sure Roy Keane was a nightmare to work with but when the metal hit the meat and the players were out on the field, the one player you'd want on your side is Roy Keane. Different position I know but squad morale is about winning and managing players of varying temperaments and giving them a fair shot.