Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet everyone here expected players like Okocha, Hierro and Djorkaeff would sign for Bolton then. A Bolton that was not even close to where we are. Players that changed Paris, Milano and Madrid to live in Bolton. Probably took a huge wage cut too. Players with lots of experience and that had won things, WC and CL, moved to Bolton without even a chance to go to the UEFA at the time. Yeah, I get what you mean with Maldini with no chance in hell coming here. Some people like to think they know a lot more than they do. I don't say we would get Maldini if we wanted him. Don't even say that we want him. Don't even say that we should want him. I just say that if we want him we would be in a good place to get him. And Tric, this one's for you:

1: He said he wanted to play in the PL. That surely means he has to leave Milan.

2: If he wants to play in the PL he almost definitely has to rule out CL as I highly doubt that any of the 4 clubs qualified for the CL this season would want him at his age.

3: Already mentioned 3 players that left fancy cities to live in Bolton, wouldn't he come for just a year or 2 to live in Englands 2nd city and then move back to Milano you think?

Whoever mentioned Maldini in this thread just broke the deluded-o-meter and is quite frankly an idiot.

Please, tell me why. Why is Maldini much more unlikely than any other player mentioned here if he wants to leave to play in the PL? As he's supposed to have said.

Yeah, I get what you mean with Maldini with no chance in hell coming here. Some people like to think they know a lot more than they do. I don't say we would get Maldini if we wanted him. Don't even say that we want him. Don't even say that we should want him. I just say that if we want him we would be in a good place to get him.

I'm very confused by both your syntax and semantics - do you even know what you are talking about?

Anyhow, is it not about time for Maldini to retire at 39yrs old, the majority of players usually do.

Whoever mentioned Maldini in this thread just broke the deluded-o-meter and is quite frankly an idiot.

Please, tell me why. Why is Maldini much more unlikely than any other player mentioned here if he wants to leave to play in the PL? As he's supposed to have said.

He's 39.

He's currently discussing a new contract with Milan.

Milan are still winning things.

He's the club captain.

They treat him like he's God over there.

So yes, you are an idiot for even thinking we have a chance of signing him.

Agree.. He is soon 39.. He is Milan man since he was a kid, and he was the worst on the Milan team yesterday,

Stupid to waste time on this

Let's put it like this. IF he were to leave Milan to get a last shout in the PL, why wouldn't he come to Villa? He's supposed to have said that he'd like to play in the PL before his career is up, so why wouldn't he want to come to Villa then? IF. That's all I'm saying. Of course we can't lure him away from Milan if he doesn't want to leave, but that's not what I, or others I suppose, meant. I meant that IF he wants to go to the PL I think we have a very good chance to get him if we wants him. Understand me now or am I still an idiot?

Let's put it like this. IF he were to leave Milan to get a last shout in the PL, why wouldn't he come to Villa? He's supposed to have said that he'd like to play in the PL before his career is up, so why wouldn't he want to come to Villa then? IF. That's all I'm saying. Of course we can't lure him away from Milan if he doesn't want to leave, but that's not what I, or others I suppose, meant. I meant that IF he wants to go to the PL I think we have a very good chance to get him if we wants him. Understand me now or am I still an idiot?

I would never be so disrespectful as to call someone an idiot, it wasn't me!

However, as with the majority of names listed on this irrelevant thread I believe they are mostly unsuitable for Villa. Specifically Paolo Maldini, as someone alluded to would not last half a season in the Premier League as he is too old for that level.

Fair enough I hear you cry that he has just played in the CL however he was fairly conspicuous by his absence. The Premier League has come too late for that particular horse, in my humble opinion!

I would never be so disrespectful as to call someone an idiot, it wasn't me!

However, as with the majority of names listed on this irrelevant thread I believe they are mostly unsuitable for Villa. Specifically Paolo Maldini, as someone alluded to would not last half a season in the Premier League as he is too old for that level.

Fair enough I hear you cry that he has just played in the CL however he was fairly conspicuous by his absence. The Premier League has come too late for that particular horse, in my humble opinion!

No, I know it wasn't you who called me and some other an idiot and that part wasn't aimed at you.

But those things you say in this post is a totally different matter that I can partly agree with. I'm not so sure that he'd suit us now. He's old, even though I'd say that he'd most definitely last a season here. He's a very intelligent player that has stayed fit for more than 20 years in the absolute top flight, so I'm sure he'd last. But I can agree that we should be looking at other prospects. Younger. And I really think we are. Don't misunderstand me, I don't think MON even considers a bid. But on the other hand he's still a great player and we could benefit a lot from his presence in the squad. Especially the youngsters. BTW, didn't see the game last night so I wouldn't know if he played or not, but he's won the CL/european cup several times before.

But all I'm saying is that I think we could get him IF...