Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I would rate Yakubu as a player who has grown accustomed to the Boro side and really doesn't see any challenge any more. He has virtually no competition for his place in the team and they are absolutely without chance of reaching Europe next season.

I do rate him, but it would be taking a chance and I don't really see him reaching that extra level of greatness.... you know..... 25 goals and all that.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my math is right regarding yahoo he has one goal every 248.73 min Premier League and Europe. Hardly great. Then again maybe better then what we got. That probably including pens aswell.

And is his scoring record any better then what we got?

But £ 9 Mill for him is insane. No. ****. Way.

Are you serious? :shock: , his goal record pisses on every striker we've had at the club since Yorke, he'd be worth every penny imo.

Ye not all bad, not great. Like i stated in the post above. But if we signed him, do you expect him to partner Carew, or be benched? Or in fact bench Carew?

And is his scoring record any better then what we got?

But £ 9 Mill for him is insane. No. ****. Way.

Are you serious? :shock: , his goal record pisses on every striker we've had at the club since Yorke, he'd be worth every penny imo.

It does tbf, his goal record for Pompey was brilliant, think he scored as many as JPA did that season he got 16.

Although he does seem to lose interest after Feb at scoring goals.

I would rate Yakubu as a player who has grown accustomed to the Boro side and really doesn't see any challenge any more. He has virtually no competition for his place in the team and they are absolutely without chance of reaching Europe next season.

I do rate him, but it would be taking a chance and I don't really see him reaching that extra level of greatness.... you know..... 25 goals and all that.

He's been close to the 20 goal mark for both Pompy and Boro, if he plays with a quality side like the one i believe we are building he could really flurish imo, there's not been a more consistant striker outside the big four for me, maybe Defoe is the closest. but Yakubu has also scordd goals on the international stage and in europe too.

Defoes' record at Spuds is 39 games in 85 starts plus 35 subs appearance, I don't know if you include sub appearances in goal scoring ratios but if you do it is 1 in 3 if you don't 1 in 2

thats fecking good

My preferance in terms of strikers we have been linked with* would be:

1. Darren Bent

2. Robbie Keane

3. Jermain Defoe

4. Arouna Kone

5. David Nugent

6. Steven Naismith

7. Craig Bellamy

8. Kevin Doyle

9. Marlon King

10. Diomansy Kamara

11. Kepa Blanco

*According to OS

Yakubu would probably come in between Bellamy and Doyle by the way.

Ye not all bad, not great. Like i stated in the post above. But if we signed him, do you expect him to partner Carew, or be benched? Or in fact bench Carew?

Well as i mentioned he's worked well with a big man like Viduka and i think he could do the same with Carew, i also believe he wouldn't get in a mood if he's rested once or twice so the kids can get a game, he's a laid back kinda guy i hear.

there's not been a more consistant striker outside the big four for me, maybe Defoe is the closest.

err Shearer!

Erm he's retired!!, i'm talking about now!!, not 1993, and he also won the title with Blackburn incase you forgot so he wasn't outside the top four for his whole career like Yakubu.

Yakubu 61 goals in 141 starts plus 11 subs

not bad, just slightly worse than Defoe ...

but 'world class' ....

nah ....

that is the judgement of any player in this thread we spend big money on ....

thats according to our CEO

Yakubu 61 goals in 141 starts plus 11 subs

not bad, just slightly worse than Defoe ...

but 'world class' ....

nah ....

that is the judgement of any player in this thread we spend big money on ....

thats according to our CEO

Has Defoe proved he's world class though?, or Bellamy?, what world class striker do you think we could attract Ian?.

Nail on the head Ian.

I want to see someone leading the line with genuine world classs potential, not simply tried and trusted prem players!

Let the likes of Portsmouth buy the also rans id like to see a bit of quality leading the line!