Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have Distin than Hyypia but I think MON may have other targets. If he was interested in either surely we would have known about it by now.

Distin - yes good addition

Bellamy - no - very bad move

Ashton - would be an excellent addition

Holding midfielder - geremi

Distin not better than what we have.

Ashton, i wouldnt sign him now after the injury, give it a season and see how he is.

Geremi is a right back, or right mid id say, we should sign a more specific player for the holding role.

Geremi is a right back, or right mid id say, we should sign a more specific player for the holding role.

Geremi is a right midfielder.

A wing back of sorts, can play along the right.

Geremi would be a good signing as hes a very good player but would not solve our right back problem. For that we need an established right back and its hard to think who it could be!

Geremi is a right mid who has been drafted into right back as an emergency and it hasn't really been successful. Remember, he plays for Chelsea alongside Terry and Carvalho, not the biggest challenge after all is it. Makelele however, he is class and would do excellent for at least another year.

So Delaney will be given a new contract I see, what does it take to NOT be given a contract by Villa at the moment?

Delaney cant be injured forever. When/If fit he will still have a few years left in him and for me he is one the best full backs in the league. I remember when he used to make Ryan Giggs look ordinary.

He will be good cover for our new right back.

why do people want geremi?

This is a guy who has been more than happy to just play the odd 1 or 2 games and pick up his large wages every week.

Not the kind of player i want coming to aston villa.

how do you know that for sure perhaps he wants to play for a place in a team who wins things and is in the champions league and get paid a shit load of money for it i cant knock him for that.