Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

2) Moore and Gabby are not ready to be certain starters for a Euro chasing club. Well Moore perhaps, but I wouldn't rely in it

What makes Bent ready? He has no real european experience and at the moment is getting very hyped.

Like Richards how can these amazing players be so good when there teams are down at the bottom?

Don't get me wrong, Bent is a fine player but he is not as good as some make out.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren Bent scored an amazing goal yet again this weekend, great composure and excellent strike. Worth 10M easily, I would like us to pay even 13-14M

Give it a rest. He also missed a sitter in the same match. I don't see anything in him that we don't have in the current squad already.

How about a 20 goals a season player with great all round ability?

--------------------Boruc-------------------

L.Young----Alex-----Distin-----Baines

SWP----Van der vaart--Barton--Pedersen

------------Keane--------Saviola----------

i dont know about you, but would you like a team like this.......

No i wouldnt..because i don't even see one of our original Villa players in it....sorry :lol: :roll:

Darren Bent scored an amazing goal yet again this weekend, great composure and excellent strike. Worth 10M easily, I would like us to pay even 13-14M

Give it a rest. He also missed a sitter in the same match. I don't see anything in him that we don't have in the current squad already.

So glad you are not our main scout. Last year 18 or 19 goals in the league, and this year 12 or something for a relegation destined side when he has been injured for big parts of the seasons!

5) Bent is available, he is English and he is absolutely talented. Remember, he plays for a shitty club

My hunch would be that Charlton aren't going down. I give that honour to Wigan, Sham and Watford. Thus, Darren Bent won't be available and if he is he won't be cheap!

Why would he stay there for another year?

We are a bigger club and such players wants to go further, as soon as possible

I'm not saying he will want to stay there, I'm saying they won't want him to leave especially if they stay up. Thats why he will cost big money.

I'd love him at the Villa, but I can also see competition from Spuds, Barcodes, possibly Everton even Bolton for his signature

If Spurs and Barcodes are after him we are **** I think, but we could beat off competition from the rest.

BUT

I think Arsenal or Man Utd might go after him. After all, why not? A perfect first choice for the Arsenals and a perfect second choice for United

Arsenal??? No way! The reason Wenger doesn't buy British is because of the overated costs (Wallflop not inc.), Man U possibly, but it would suprise me.

So glad you are not our main scout. Last year 18 or 19 goals in the league, and this year 12 or something for a relegation destined side when he has been injured for big parts of the seasons!

Super-Kev also pounced on every oppurtunity, but it would be a bit harsh on Bent I'll give you that.

He's natural goalscorer. But so is Gabby. If he would have played up front the whole season, I would not bet against him to score 13-14 league goals. But hey, who knows, myabe Bent could add to the competition. Replacement of Sutton's that is.

Pretty glad you're not our main scout too, what does it take to scout Bent ?? He's a high profile player, not necessarily because he's better than the rest, wonder how much he'd be rated if he played for blackburn or wigan ?

Open your mind, for £13M there are better options !

what does it take to scout Bent ?? He's a high profile player, not necessarily because he's better than the rest, wonder how much he'd be rated if he played for blackburn or wigan ?

You'd better ask Steve McClaren. He knows all about looking past players!

Pretty glad you're not our main scout too, what does it take to scout Bent ?? He's a high profile player, not necessarily because he's better than the rest, wonder how much he'd be rated if he played for blackburn or wigan ?

Open your mind, for £13M there are better options !

Is there a difference between Charlton, Wigan and Blackburn I can't see? Please enlighten me!

And for opening my mind, what better players can we get? Suggest something better or shut up in the future

Is there a difference between Charlton, Wigan and Blackburn I can't see? Please enlighten me!

He must be referring to the London factor, though I doubt it has much bearing on Bent's profile. If he had the same goalscoring record for Blackburn he'd surely be rated just as highly. FWIF I think he would score more goals for Blackburn, but I'm not quite sure where you think he would fit in at VP?

Darren Bent was rated the next big thing from the Championship, very much like Dean Ashton and Peter Crouch was. Now you could say this Dave Nugent is much the same if terms of reputation. Back when he signed from Ipswich I didn't want us to have a go at him because I wanted proven quality. Boy was I wrong.

He has the touch and the composure of a great striker, he scores goals for fun and he is playing for a shitty club with not attacking pattern or form. Sign him up now.

Like I said; suggest a better player and I'll be very happy. He is perfect in my eyes and seldom I go out and recommend players so strongly