Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was hoping we would get near 30 mill as its our first summer with randy etc

i said this in another thread but i'll put in here

virtually every team will soon have rich owners and will not need to sell players in order to buy others and will all have ambitions of europe

we should take advantage of being one of the first clubs to be taken over and really go for it in the transfer market and turn us in to a very good solid team before other teams start getting tookover i.e man city etc

although its hard to get into the top 6 as its so competitive its only going to get harder season by season, as more and more clubs will be financially backed and will have big ambitions

i really hope we see around 6 - 7 out and suitable replacements

i think

angel

sutton

hughes

hendrie

samuel

djemba djemba will all leave

with chances that

davis, ridge and sorenson could also go

we should really go all out to replace these and try to get europe as soon as possible

boruc - 4 mill + sorenson

a new right back

distin

sidwell if not him then graveson

maybe SWP

maybe bellamy/saviola

someone like king as a back up to carew

we won't get all of them obviously, but i hope we can make a similar sort of impact in the transfer market this summer

We need a backup LB. Can't keep moving Barry there. Well we could, but he's of more use elsewhere on the pitch.

distins the one

can play centre back and left back, so would easily fill in for bouma and would allow him/other centre backs to get more games due to his versatility

and would cost nothing

i will be really dissapointed if he leaves city and goes somewhere else like newcastle or pompey

We need a backup LB. Can't keep moving Barry there. Well we could, but he's of more use elsewhere on the pitch.

distins the one

can play centre back and left back, so would easily fill in for bouma and would allow him/other centre backs to get more games due to his versatility

and would cost nothing

i will be really dissapointed if he leaves city and goes somewhere else like newcastle or pompey

I can see him going to Pompey or maybe Liverpool. Liverpool may want him to replace Hyppia

How about Hamuer Bouazza (spelling??) from watford? I think hes looked the part everytime I´ve seen him this year. Great goal yesterday too.

Thoughts?

I mentioned Bouazza on this thread when we signed Young! We should have tried to get both of them at time for combined fee! Heard Spurs are sniffing around now! He is quality and could get for 2-3mil!

Yes mate i agree

Gavin said

Say MON is given 15m this summer to spend on new players... you think he should spend 5mil of this on a goalie which leaves 10mil for a LB, CM, maybe cover for CB - you must be DREAMING!

what do you think is our main priority is.... a GOALIE???........ no.

And accuses me of jumping in without thinking...... or has it been officially announced that we have £15m to spend?

All I did was comment that IMHO we could do with a BETTER KEEPER!....... In your opinion we don't ...fair enough each of our opinion is equally valid... I think?

News of the World said we're after Jason Komas from West Brom. Haven't seen much of him the season, but Four Four Two magazine awarded him 'Best Player in the Championship' for this current season.

LB - Gareth Bale. Not going to happen though.

How about Hamuer Bouazza (spelling??) from watford? I think hes looked the part everytime I´ve seen him this year. Great goal yesterday too.

Thoughts?

I mentioned Bouazza on this thread when we signed Young! We should have tried to get both of them at time for combined fee! Heard Spurs are sniffing around now! He is quality and could get for 2-3mil!

Yes mate i agree

we don't need bouazza

we already have young and maloney

with moore and gabby able to play on the wings if we play 4 3 3

and barry on the left in the 4 4 2

if we are going to bring in another winger we should get one a lot better than what we already have i.e shaun wright phillips