Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Why oh why would anyone replace Young with SWP??

Indeed. Replacing one of the brightest talents in the British game with a getting slower, getting more predictable player who last had a good game in 2004 is NOT the way forward for us.

One is on his way up, the other on his way down. And fortunately we have the one who is on the way up for a change.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOTW has a small article in the exposed bit that said Artur Boruc was in a Villa box when we played Arsenal and when someone asked what he was doing there he was quickly rushed away, £4mill is what they recon he'll cost.

NOTW has a small article in the exposed bit that said Artur Boruc was in a Villa box when we played Arsenal and when someone asked what he was doing there he was quickly rushed away, £4mill is what they recon he'll cost.

Another Celtic player eh????????

That scouting network of ours is earning its corn isn't it.

Dont you just love the sunday papers!

thats to go to arsenal not us

i haven't read the article but if he was watching arsenal vs villa then its pretty obvious which team he might join

It would make far more sense what with Lehmann haggling over his contract!

....but still its the NOTW so i wont be thinking of putting him in next seasons fantasy football team just yet!

If I was MON I would seriously think about going in for Makele for a couple of seasons as a first choice Centre Mid. As talks have stalled on anew contract he may well be a potential target.

how olds makelele ???

not sure MON will go for the older generation

Well we certainly should be, to a certain extent. It's all very well having a great crop of youngsters, but we need a few more experienced heads to see them through.

Well we certainly should be, to a certain extent. It's all very well having a great crop of youngsters, but we need a few more experienced heads to see them through.

i aggree, we need a couple of proven experienced older heads, but I think MON will be of the mindset of getting players around 26 or 27 with a few years in them, i cant see him paying massive wages to blokes like makelele - although I would

IMO we are desperate for a mobile defensive midfield player that can dictate the game.

So what player is available, possible, can be nicked, whatever. Im talking of quality to take us into Europe.

Hit me.

IMO we are desperate for a mobile defensive midfield player that can dictate the game.

So what player is available, possible, can be nicked, whatever. Im talking of quality to take us into Europe.

Hit me.

Kevin Nolan

Joey Barton

Steve Sidwell

Claude Makelele

Geremi

Mark Kinsella

Aldo Duscher (although he may have gone to lyon)

Dean Keates

we need to look for an unknock defensive mid, like vinny grella or christian poulsen

change of subject for a moment, most ppl on here have said we need an attacking centre mid, a playmaker, but who?

not many realistic sensible names have been thrown into the hat, so i was wondering who?

You think Makelele, Duscher, Nolan, Geremi are available? Kinsella? Barton really the class we are looking for?

well mate, makelele is supposedly out the door at chelski, duscher is available on a bosman and fanices a crack at the prem, nolan could probably be gettable from bolton if the money is talking, geremi isnt even sub most weeks at chelski so might be available, barton has a 5.5m release clause in his contract, and i was taking the piss with kinsella & keates.............

we need to look for an unknock defensive mid, like vinny grella or christian poulsen

change of subject for a moment, most ppl on here have said we need an attacking centre mid, a playmaker, but who?

not many realistic sensible names have been thrown into the hat, so i was wondering who?

simon osborn is available...........