DVD ripping

TOTTI-THE-GOD

Trying to rip some DVD's to my computer so i can then copy and paste them to my Daughters tablet , i've tried using something called handbrake which has done some but i keep getting the old copyright issue coming up on alot of the DVD's i have can any of you point me in the right direction . You have to understand i'm pretty crap with this kind of stuff so you'll have to explain to me as if i was a moron lol . 

The act is illegal but it makes you wonder as so often on the web etc you see discussion of media servers and there are an awful lot of respected brands who sell them. 

You have to wonder if they will ever update the copyright law so that you may have a digital copy of the media file as long as you still keep and own the original format it was supplied on. Similar to the ultraviolet thing which the studios are trying to push.

The act is illegal but it makes you wonder as so often on the web etc you see discussion of media servers and there are an awful lot of respected brands who sell them.

Presumably those discussions, to the extent that they tell you how to do it yourself, are not targeted at the UK, but at the countries where ripping is at minimum in a grey area (e.g. the US)

You have to wonder if they will ever update the copyright law so that you may have a digital copy of the media file as long as you still keep and own the original format it was supplied on. Similar to the ultraviolet thing which the studios are trying to push.

The answer is in the question ;)

Â