Xbox Controller Won't Sync

GarethRDR

VT, I need your help.

I recently (about 2 months ago) purchased a new Xbox controller, and up until yesterday everything was fine and dandy.  Spiffing, even.  It has suddenly decided it doesn't want to sync up to the Xbox anymore.  At all.  Not even if I plug it in with a charger cable will it work.  Argh.  I have scoured the internet for answers, and when it does not provide them naturally I turn to you good people (well, you people).

I have attempted the following resolutions with no avail...

•Pressed (and held) both sync buttons at exactly the same time, holding the controller a variety of positions/distances from the Xbox.

•Plugged the controller directly into the Xbox via the charging cable.

•Tested controller with several different battery packs and fresh batteries.

•Attempted a sync with all nearby electrical equipment (TV, Sky etc.) turned off.

•Attempted a sync with a seperate controller that worked perfectly fine, indicating the issue is definitely with the controller and not the Xbox.

•Turned the Xbox on and off again and attempted a sync.

•Turned the Xbox off, unplugged everything from everything (hard drive, power cables, plug from wall socket), waited 10 minutes then hooked it all back and attempted a sync.

•Converted to Islam, appeased Allah by urinating upon the capitalist piggery of a nearby Asda's car park and attempted a sync.

Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.  I realise at this point, one might suggest simply returning said item to the Game store from whence it was purchased.  If you think that, you reckon without the awesome power of my inability to keep hold of a receipt for longer than a week.  Shapely as I am,  I am not a woman and as such am unversed in such highly organised, sensible notions.

Such is the depth of my despair at the situation, it can only be appropriately communciated via the medium of Gillian Anderson.

tumblr_leshfwrZ6E1qdpaq2o1_500.gif

Sounds like it's ****.

Did you pay with cash or card? If it was with a card, you'll be able to return it with a bank statement. They can easily look up the transaction details if you have proof of a sale on a specific day.

• Like 1

By the looks of it

tumblr_lp21txUuYA1qbkyo1o1_500.gif

I guess the only thing you can do is call Xbox and hope you can get a free replacement. I know the console and Kinect sensor have a 1 year warranty. Maybe you can persuade them with your charm.

On their website it says "Accessories: One year". You can only hope.

Edited by Daniel

There's no reason to send it off to Microsoft when it's Game's responsibility to replace or repair it.

May be worth a shot if he paid with cash, but then he'll have the same problem with MS as he does with Game; he can't prove how long he's had it. Maybe they'll be more flexible in that event, but it's the retailer's responsibility so he should pursue that first.

Edited by Davkaus

Of course!  I hadn't considered the bank statement, Davkaus.  Good call.  I'm sure I can find the requisite transaction.  The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried is seeing if it'll sync with a different Xbox (not that that'd actually help solve the problem).

Was going to suggest plugging it in since I've had a few problems with mine not syncing any other way before.  Yeah, as others have said, ****.

Usually though the charging cable pulls it in? I mean i've lazily used that to sync new controllers. Chances are if that's not working nothing will

Â