Advice on making a website from scratch

Genie

Ah I remember when I decided to see if I could mirror the whole of 4chan's images. I ended up needing to use almost every option on wget, but the buggers didn't keep me out!

You seriously want to do a pay for subscription site on the cheap?

No I don't want to. I'd love to have £11,000 to pay someone to make me the perfect website but its not physically possible. If the website does start to make money, again I'd happily invest that money into upgrading the site properly.

Right now I'm just looking at the best way for me to get it up and running now with the very limited amount of money and knowledge that I have.

Did you go to that link I gave you. $399 is about £250.00 I think. That will do what you want. You can create a site easily with a user cp and admin cp. If you have any questions then you can ask them and they will help you.

You seriously want to do a pay for subscription site on the cheap?

No I don't want to. I'd love to have £11,000 to pay someone to make me the perfect website but its not physically possible. If the website does start to make money, again I'd happily invest that money into upgrading the site properly.

Right now I'm just looking at the best way for me to get it up and running now with the very limited amount of money and knowledge that I have.

You don't have to spend that much.

There are plenty of off the shelf solutions for setting up an ecommerce site. Building your own when you don't know what you're doing is the last thing you should be doing.

Spend some money on an out of the box solution that way you get support, and it'll be a hell of a lot more secure than anything you can knock up in weebly.

• Like 1

Oh I don't know anything about wget. Can it retrieve stuff from a server with an ssl certificate?

Same as curl if you've used that. Curl probably has a few more features but wget is probably easier to use.

Â