Transer Window....

truevillainswantellisout

Should they abolish the transfer window?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should they abolish the transfer window?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone else think that someone from the FA should be thrown through it??

Why on earth they implemented this system I just do not know. We are told it is so that managers have to get their squad in order before the season starts but it just makes their jobs even more difficult.

You could have a huge squad and if you are unlucky at the wrong times, you will end up down to the bare bones and not be allowed to bring anyone in! O'Leary has even stated today that clubs just dont want to do business in January so what is the point?

In principle it can seem a good idea - a way of the smaller clubs ensuring that their players are not constantly linked with a move away, with a possible transfer likley at any time. It allows, to a certain degree an element of protection - if you know a player is moving in Jan you can perhaps arrange to get a replacement.....

But in reality it stinks - and I do think they need to get rid of it.

I am in two minds here. At least we only have to stress ourselves out for 4 months a year about not buying anyone. Can you imagine the torment if we had 12 months of this. But it really is crap if you have a small squad decimated by injuries like we are. I think it a UEFA thing brought in to harmonise the system through out Europe. Dont see why we had to change though . Why couldn't they have followed our system instead.

The argument about the smaller clubs being able to hold onto their players doesn't really wash either.

most of them complain that they cannot sell to raise funds when they need to.

Also if a player because unsettled/wants away, you have to wait up to 6 months until you can get rid.

It serves no purpose imo.

Guest RantinRob

I voted to get rid

a transfer window is shit anyway, but it also means Ellis is under pressure to spend only twice a year

I know we had this conversation before. The transfer window and the subsequent restriction on freedom to work is actually against European law. Its still in place because no club or player has yet had the balls or need to question it much in the same way as Bosman did. Once that happend then it will dissapear quicker than a OBE to Little Aston

i despise the transfer window system!

1) it makes life for much of the season very dull

2) it reduces fan pressure to buy, as they only have to take flack for 1 month and can use the window as an excuse for not getting anyone

3) it gives added power to the big clubs who can enforce a lower price on a club who need to sell before the deadline.

4) clubs cannot adjust to injury crisis etc.

5) i'm sure i had a fifth......maybe not.

This window has to go. For one reason, my health condition. Every bloody morning i wake up and check out every football site on the web for transfers to Villa. I will probebly check the www 5-10 times a day and it drives me mad. And if you hear an interesting rumour, off course you have to be updated each hour.

Jesus, i can only take this once a year.

Guest RantinRob

^^^pah! :-)

My computer is on from 7am until around 11.30pm EVERY DAY and I'm continually checking for news

It'll drive me **** barmy in the end I have no doubt

Â