who's the greatest Brummie ever?

colhint

Charlie Chaplin, born just over the border in Black Patch Park Smethwick.

Was he really????. Not one to quote wiki but he wasnt sure where he was born and everything I have seen (all be it on the internet) points to London.

There was some story in the penny liar (Express and Star) a couple of years ago about how he was actually born in a caravan in Smethwick because somebody wrote it in a letter that he decided to keep hold of for his entire life. Chaplin never had a birth certificate though, so it might be true or it might not. Either way, it's not like he actually spent much time in the Midlands is it?

There was some story in the penny liar (Express and Star) a couple of years ago about how he was actually born in a caravan in Smethwick because somebody wrote it in a letter that he decided to keep hold of for his entire life. Chaplin never had a birth certificate though, so it might be true or it might not. Either way, it's not like he actually spent much time in the Midlands is it?

'Course it's true!

:-)

Edited by villa_chemist

I wanted to say Novak, 90's indie band, or little red schoolhouse, or even the mighty lemon drops but their achievements were only really in keeping me entertained during the 80's and 90's. So greatest ever brummy, if we are counting West Brom, Crystal Harris, the new Mrs Hefner.

Â