Greatest moment of 2012

Zatman

The Olympics from start to finish was pretty special. Barely missed anything.

Personally,

Moving into house at Uni , been best times of my life.

Slightly cheating but NYE was amazing, Sheffield basement house party about 40 of us, half of which all my mates from school i've known for 10+ years.

Being selected for trials for uni team GB.

Personally, this has been a hectic year for me, I've moved in with my girlfriend, took on more responsible role at work and started playing football a second time a week in a bid to improve my fitness (although we struggle for numbers every bloody week - anyone fancy a game 6pm on Wednesdays? :P ) I'm hoping 2013 will be a little less hectic, stressful and expensive, but I've had a fantastic year really.

Single event : Watching the Olympic opening ceremony with my old housemates. Was the end of an era as we were all due to move out and go our separate ways over the next few weeks, but we had several bottles of wine and a huge laugh, which kinda summed up the great times I had in that house; combined with a fantastic opening ceremony of course.

Discovery of the Higgs Bosun and Baumgarder (sp?) will go down in history as monumental moments, even if they seem to be eclipsed by more relavant things currently.

I also believe that the whole BBC Savile thing will go down in infamy, it's highlighted just how much the people in a position of power and wealth have been allowed to get away with. It's brought the general population to the point of civil revolt if that whole structure doesn't change. Whether it does, or whether they'll con us all into thinking it's all fixed when really the actual depth and scale remains undisclosed, we may probably never know, but this isn't just a famous person and BBC thing, nor is is a sex abuse thing, this echoes right through society that the rich and powerful have been untouchable.

Â