Greatest moment of 2012

Zatman

What is people's most memorable moment of the year? for me its 2

1. Felix Baumgartner job from space which will not be as famous as man walking on the moon but would be considered close in many years to come

2. much more closer to Villa would be the termination of McLeish contract. think was 2 week celebratory drinking binge for that

Was a good year all in all

The Olympics

The Jubilee celebrations

From a personal pov

Pitching and winning a European contract against all the big guns in our industry ( start next week , gulp)

Visiting North Korea and seeing the military parade and getting to meet the local people ( and being dragged out the audience during a show in front of a few thousand people !! I'm probably famous in the DPRK :-)

Bumgardener for me as well I think, obviously not as gamechanging as walking on the moon but its probably gonna be the most awe-inspiring thing ill have seen in my lifetime. Notable shout for the olympics as well.

Personally; finally getting a permanent job in the mental health trust. Closely followed by nailing the incredibly fit well out of my league 20 year old student we had on placement at work during my lunch break.

Bumgardener for me as well I think, obviously not as gamechanging as walking on the moon

Cus man hadn't walked on the moon. It's all a myth. I've seen the programs that prove it didn't happen ;)

The possible discovery of the Higgs Boson. That's one of those things that, at this moment in time and probably for many, many years to come, won't really matter... but could become one of the most important discoveries ever.

On a personal level, I guess it's got to be work related. At the start of 2012 I'd been bumming around in retail for just over a year on a terrible contract but kinda vaguely happy to be working at all and with no idea what to do with myself anyway. Then at the end of March the company went into admin and within 3 hours I was out on my ear. 4 months of doing pretty much nothing followed - I couldn't find a job, I didn't want to sign on, I was skint, doing nothing kinda worked out in that situation. Then I got a temp role for the summer in a job I never thought I'd do, and for the first time I was working 9-5, being paid well, and ended up with some proper money in my pocket and sense of worth each day. In turn that's seen me, when the contract ended, picking up a job proper in the same game through someone I'd been in contact with for the previous role, one with great potential for promotion and whatnot. So, yeah, 2012 for me was the year I got going somewhere in life, something I'd never have guessed would've happened this time last year.

Success of the olympics, not medal winning, just that we could organise a piss up in a brewery. Really made me feel proud to be British. Outside of that Hillbilly Moon Explosion's set at Rebellion.

Hearing that Russell brand had died in an horrific boating accident. *

*there's still time. It could happen.

Why? I'm a fan so am happy to accept I may be biased in his favour but what makes you want to wish death on him?

My greatest moment of 2012? It'd be hard to single out one. It's been a year of incredible highs and equal lows.

"Generally" Super Saturday was great, and watching it with my parents. I just thoroughly enjoyed it.

Personally I had plenty of good moments - friends getting engaged or married; facing redundancy for the first time in my career but seizing it as an opportunity which boosted my confidence and landed me a great job; seeing a dear friend emerge from a series of personal tragedies to father a little boy; just having my family and friends around me.

Sounds like hungover sentiment but I guess 2012 was the year I became truly grateful. Grateful for what I've had, grateful for what I've got. Achieving that is my greatest moment.

Personally I don't think it's been a good year. It started off quite good with me moving in with the lady, but after that it's been mostly shite. The car costing me appr £3k for fixing it.

Volvo might be hanging on the line which makes my work situation very insecure. I might get a promotion soon, but I might lose my job too.

And the worst hing of all was when the missus mother were lying on her death bed, mostly unconscious, for 3 weeks before passing away. We knew she wasn't going to live much longer, but I thought that she'd at least live untill next summer. Then it all happened so fast apart from those 3 weeks. Seeing her lying there and just thyning away was awfull. And even worse for the missus, of course. She was there almost every day during that time. And then to see someone you love being very sad and down is very hard. Not complaining for myself, but I really feel sorry for her. Naturally.

So here's to a better 2013.

Personally, quite hard to pick one of:

• Buying our first house
  • Meeting Uwe Kamps
  • Watching that film clip where Eliza Dushku gets her left boob out
  • Playing at Villa Park

Hmm, didn't realise just how good 2012 was in hindsight. 2013's got a way to go to top it.

Visiting North Korea and seeing the military parade and getting to meet the local people ( and being dragged out the audience during a show in front of a few thousand people !! I'm probably famous in the DPRK :-)

Yes, you probably star as 'Evil American' in all the years propaganda movies.

Seeing Messi rip Brazil apart, single handed from my seat in Giants Stadium....

NO WAIT, I turned down the opportunity to go to that game assuming both teams wouldn't be arsed fielding their big name players. Instead I saw it unfold on a screen in a pub a couple of miles away **** idiot that I am. Worst moment and mistake of 2012.

Best moment, becoming a dad.

Edited by TheSufferingVilla

• Watching that film clip where Eliza Dushku gets her left boob out.

Was her right bap was it not? jeez, what is this? 'Amateur noting which side tit did the celebrity fittie expose' night or something?

Edited by Ingram85

Â