Carlton 'Can't Control' Cole or El Crouchino (aka Rodney)

ahamaad

Which of these two forwards would you prefer?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these two forwards would you prefer?

• El Crouchino (aka Rodney Trotter)
    • Carlton 'Can't Control' Cole

If you had a choice between these two strikers, who would you go for?

I didn't think Crouch was the most skilful of forwards, but at least he gave 100% and at least he was ok in the air, and at least he was a good option for us when coming off the bench.

Cole has proved to be nothing more than a waste of space. 2 goals, wants to be in the Chelsea squad? You're 'avin a laugh mate!

Definitely Crouch. Remember the problems he could cause opponents? Remember the mini-scoring run himself and Vassell went on in Angel's absence ? Remember his touches that belied his size ? He is beginning to do the exact same thing up front for the Saints now. He never let us down in effort. He rarely had a really bad game. His size made for some convenient abuse for the idiots in the crowd but it's no accident that he's fondly remembered by a lot of Villa fans, and has already been taken in by the Saints fans.

Compared to what Cole has done for us, I'd swap them tomorrow if I could.

I agree with BOF, Crouch would have been an option to come off the bench, he didn't get the abuse he deserved, he would scare the shit out of defenders when we won corners. Cole is crap in the air for someone as tall as he is!

I agree with BOF, Crouch would have been an option to come off the bench, he didn't get the abuse he deserved, he would scare the shit out of defenders when we won corners. Cole is crap in the air for someone as tall as he is!

surely you mean didn't deserve the abuse he got! - true

as for how good they are in that air for hieght they are both equally crap, that is more to do with the fact that they were tall early in life and never had to fight for the aerial ball like you do in open aged football

Oops, I have just finished a 12 hour night shift so give me a break guys! I meant he didn't deserve the abuse he got! Anyway, I think he is 10 times better than Cole at heading the ball. I can only recall one header scoring a goal for rouch not only scored with his head, but won aerial balls to lay off for others to score (to Hendrie vs Chelski at VP last season).

Crouch or Cole plus £2.25 million is surely the question?

With that money you could buy a pschologist to get the most out of him. I'm seeing Cole's career - a second loan spell at a club, midtable in the Prem, another failure. Drops down a league and scores for fun. Someone takes the risk and it goes Collymore shaped.

Crouch, not worth £5.5m by any stretch of the imagination, but I was often impressed by him, at least he could control a ball, lay it off etc. sometimes he really was class

There is no question it has to be Crouch, I'll have fond memories of Crouch although he looked like a stick insect he is infact a good footballer, i remember being in the chat room last season for the leicester away game, everyone was goin mad when we beat them, crouch and darius scored two each i think.

Ah, Good times.

and now we have CC, i really think DO'L slipped up on this one, i wouldn't mind so much if he was a proven talent ie. we signed morientes on loan (not gonna happen now/ever). but for the fact he is a kid the same age as Stefan and probably not as skillfull as Luke so why pay for a years loan and then leave our kids to get bit parts when they could of earned important experience while DV was out injured.

After all Cole couldn't hack it in Divison 1 with Wolves, he also had disaplinery problems there too, as well as at Charlton.

I don't even think selling Crouch and signing Cole made much sense financially, i can see us making about 1 million from the deals.

I'm guessing we have to pay Chelsea the priveladge of having Cole, 1mill i guess plus his wages. Then we only sold Crouch for 2mill+.

Many Thanks, Tom

I'm guessing we have to pay Chelsea the priveladge of having Cole, 1mill i guess plus his wages.

surely nowhere near that high

i remember at the time of his loan to wolves they said they paid around 500k, thus there was alot of expectation for him to perform.

Â