Hear Ye, Hear ye, Malc's having a knock again

JohnCresswell

i too agree with all that Ian. It's just that i have the suspicion that the players MON probably wants to push us forward (as opposed to make do "stocking fillers") will not be available in the Jan window.

And some people may then take that opportunity to "sound off" against MONty, which IMO would be unfair.

Again I agree - firstly the players have to be available, but conversely we have to ensure that we are in a position where players are available, i.e. that we are ready, willing and able to sign them. Far too often under Ellis we had the last minute panic buy which sort of scuppered us later on, I'm sure messers Lerner and MON will be on top of this. Lets just hope we get a whole load of abuse from other fans for "buying success".

why do Villa have to wait until these wonder players become available that will take us to the top 4 ?

its going to take forever with the organic growth thing so why do we have to wait to see if they are available

if we can be so dependent on the likes of Sutton and Agathe now what's the problem filling a few yawning gaps in the squad with players that are available, they can't be much poorer than some individuals we are having to depend on.

sorry that excuse holds no credence even when I'm sober, its just that an excuse

why do Villa have to wait until these wonder players become available that will take us to the top 4 ?

So we can sign them??

Are you advocating spending money on relative chaff just because its slighly better than Aaron Hughes? What's the point? Patience is the virtue Malcolm and we may well have to wait for the right people to become available.

Panic buying is not the way forward.

its going to take forever with the organic growth thing so why do we have to wait to see if they are available

if we can be so dependent on the likes of Sutton and Agathe now what's the problem filling a few yawning gaps in the squad with players that are available, they can't be much poorer than some individuals we are having to depend on.

Sutton and Agathe came in on short-term contracts to fill gaps simply because they were out of contract and could therefore be bought in outside the transfer window. There is no point in bringing in average players in January when they are going to want longer contracts and take up some of the transfer kitty, better to wait until the summer surely?

So you'd all prefer a side full of worn out, inexperienced kids to fight for our existence just so that we can wait until the century arrives when the players O'Neill really wants are available.

Dear me

Thank the stars O'Neill doesn't have the same view, at least he's got a set of balls between his thighs I wonder about some fans

Good centre forwards or good players are rarley available. Rooney wasn't available when Manu brought him - and how many times we were told he was going no where.

If we are waiting for a striker to have a for sale tag round his neck - we will be dissapointed. a good manager has good connections , who can move players that are supposedly not for sale. You are not sold players you go get them - Aston Villa don't seem to have ever grasped this. A manager who can't get us quality players - is failing in a key area of his job. This isn't a dig at the current villa manager - but I would like to see us a bit more agrressive in the transfer market - we always seem to be last to make the moves....and then end up with players no one else wants. This in my opinion has been our downfall over the last 10 years ....lets hope by mid jan we can put this right.

Â