College Football

maqroll

• 9 months later...

Unranked Mid American Conference team Akron(Ohio) almost upsets #11 Meatchicken, but allows a TD with 2 mins left and That Team From Up North escapes 28-24.

And THIS is the team thats going to beat #2 Ohio State? Bwahahahahaha!

Heres TBDBITL (The Best Damn Band In The Land) on the ferry boat to Put-in-Bay in Lake Erie. Its a small resort island that is referred to as the Key West of the Midwest.

Ohio State University: where football is for the guys who couldnt make it in the band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToKTcv9-1yc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It picks up at about the 5:20 mark. The beginning is some alumni playing songs.

If you've never seen them, its pretty cool.

Edited by BerniesElbow

• 4 weeks later...

Well, Notre Dame isn't in a division, period.

It is for financial reasons. College sports run similarly to Spanish football: the home team sells the TV rights for the whole world. The various leagues, though, have their members transfer the TV rights to the league (and if the league is unable to sell the rights, e.g. in the smaller ones, the rights go back to the home team). Notre Dame, on the other hand, has a national deal with NBC for their home games which they'd have to eventually give up if they joined a league. Notre Dame does give up a guaranteed stream of bowl payments (those are typically equally shared by all league members), though.

That said, for the non-football sports, Notre Dame has joined the ACC and as a condition of that, their football team had to agree to play a few ACC schools on an annual rotation basis, which makes this the last season for a while for a number of Notre Dame's traditional annual games.

• 2 weeks later...

I had FSU rated #1 in the country coming into this weekend, but good God... they're covering a 35 point handicap with 2:02 left in the 1st quarter.

FSU TD @ 13:02 left: Karlos Williams 18 yd run (4 play, 65 yard drive in 1:25)

FSU TD @ 11:12 left: Kelvin Benjamin 39 yd pass from Jameis Winston (1 play, 39 yard drive in 0:08)

FSU TD @ 7:02 left: Devonta Freeman 11 yd run (7 play, 62 yard drive in 2:29)

FSU TD @ 6:09 left: Nick O'Leary 14 yd pass from Jameis Winston (2 play, 14 yard drive in 0:11)

FSU TD @ 2:02 left: Rashad Greene 42 yd pass from Jameis Winston (5 play, 84 yard drive in 1:55)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on a mini-roll on the college football... it's almost enough to make up for my terrible record in association football...

Wake Forest +33.5: risk 5 units to win 4.54 (I think that Oregon's loss gives FSU a little less incentive to put a 50-point beatdown on a vastly inferior Wake (Wake Forest are 50-1 to win this game, FSU are 150-1 on...))

Tulane +9: risk 5 units to win 4.54

Kansas State +2.5 +100: 5 units

Â