Mobile devices not going to latest post

tonyh29

Question

When I use the site on my phone (iPhone)

In off topic when I click a thread it takes me to the last reply in the thread (perfect )

However in Villatalk when I click a topic it always takes me to the first page of the thread (and also the gaming forum when unjust tried it )

Edit: I clicked on the Bennett thread and it took me to the last post , the Weimann thread when I clicked took me to the first page , however the Lambert thread took me to page 58 ... A bit random

Anyone else get this problem ? Or am I somehow clicking differently between the threads / forums ?

I think you may have misunderstood how this is supposed to work.

The site can't magically know that you want to go to the last page of a thread. It quite sensibly takes you to the last thing that you read in that thread or to the beginning of the thread if you've not read it before. This is exactly like when you click on the star or dot next to a topic title on the full site. I don't know how you think the site can tell that you want to open the last page rather than the last page you read, unless you use the "mark read" thing.

Someone else has asked elsewhere if there can be a "go to last page" button in the mobile version and I'm looking into that. I've never used the iphone app, but perhaps that would suit you better?

I'm using Safari on an iPhone.

Cleared Cache and Cookies and it now sends me to the latest post which to be honest it was anyway after "marking all read"

Again not ideal to have to do that

You don't HAVE to use the mobile site. There is a button at the bottom of the mobile page to switch to full version.

I think you may have misunderstood how this is supposed to work.

The site can't magically know that you want to go to the last page of a thread. It quite sensibly takes you to the last thing that you read in that thread or to the beginning of the thread if you've not read it before. This is exactly like when you click on the star or dot next to a topic title on the full site. I don't know how you think the site can tell that you want to open the last page rather than the last page you read, unless you use the "mark read" thing.

Someone else has asked elsewhere if there can be a "go to last page" button in the mobile version and I'm looking into that. I've never used the iphone app, but perhaps that would suit you better?

Nice tone...

As I said I was telling you this because I found the mobile site more difficult to use than the full site and wanted to help. The absence of a "go to last page button" was exactly the point I was raising.

I'm using Safari on an iPhone.

Cleared Cache and Cookies and it now sends me to the latest post which to be honest it was anyway after "marking all read"

Again not ideal to have to do that

You don't HAVE to use the mobile site. There is a button at the bottom of the mobile page to switch to full version.

I did not know that.

Thanks very much!

Â