PS3 Bundles

omariqy

All these deals for cheap PS3's lead me to suspect the PS4 is on its way.

Given the quality of screen shots fom GTA V, maybe its possible, however remote, that its a launch title for the two new platforms?

The PS4 is on the way, it's codename is Orbis.

GTA5, however, will not be a launch title for it. GTA will be out in the spring, the next gen is out this time next year at the earliest, certainly that's the best bet for the next Xbox and you can assume that Sony will be fairly close behind.

GTA 5 doesn't look that good, certainly not beyond the current gen, and though it will push those consoles, its a last hurrah for them rather than a early showcase for the next gen.

Part of the reason PS3 deals are out there is a new revamp being out meaning Slim stocks need shifting and the need to push deals on the latest design (no doubt helped by the redesigns reduced costs) with Christmas and whatnot.

The PS4 is on the way, it's codename is Orbis.

GTA4, however, will not be a launch title for it.

Of course not, it came out in 2008 ;)

(Hate to be "that guy" but it was too good to resist haha, sorry :D )

Of course not, it came out in 2008 ;)

(Hate to be "that guy" but it was too good to resist haha, sorry :D )

Ha, no worries - I'm blaming typing that up on my phone... point stands regardless.

As for deals, barring maybe one deal per retailer, Christmas tends to not to be the best time to buy. Retailers will try make up a slightly bigger cut or try to get rid of stock sitting around on their bundles over that buying period (Gamestation's top bundles last Christmas tended to be bulked out with loads of copies of things we'd been overstocked on, NFS: The Run in the main).

If you see a good deal now, and you'd be happy with it, I think it's a good bet to go for it.

I got the HMV deal last year, which included Batman, NFS, Unchartered 3, Fifa 12, Rayman and Faster DVD.

This year I was looking for my cousin. She wanted to buy one for her husband. She decided against the play.com deal as she wanted to buy the white ps3. She got GT5 and Sonic and the 320gb white PS3 for 229 at game.

Â