F1 2012 (game)

Daniel

Demo is out on Xbox live now.

Thoughts? Did anyone play 2011?

Played alot of 2011 and if you can get a few friends together it's a fun game. The online is kinda ruined by people who smash into each other on the corners.

I found the handling on F1 2011 way too hard to wrap my head around. I'm kind of worried with the direction Codemasters are going what with Dirt: Showdown and now the news that they won't be bothered to model the car interiors in Grid 2. Even Dirt 3 which I liked was a bit of a step backwards from Dirt 2. I doubt I'll be checking this out unless everyone and their granny says it is absolutely mindblowing.

Played both releases a fair bit and the improvement between 2010 and 2011 was so vast I don't really see how they could improve *that* much this time round. The only addition I'd want there to be would be maybe formula 2 as a starting point but I doubt that's included.

I'll download it tomorrow and see but I can't see there being too many changes.

Played both releases a fair bit and the improvement between 2010 and 2011 was so vast I don't really see how they could improve *that* much this time round. The only addition I'd want there to be would be maybe formula 2 as a starting point but I doubt that's included.

I'll download it tomorrow and see but I can't see there being too many changes.

No they haven't changed too much.. Its quite hard to I suppose to change much with F1 games. Didn't really play much of 2011.

Overall not a massive change from 2011.

I found the handling on F1 2011 way too hard to wrap my head around. I'm kind of worried with the direction Codemasters are going what with Dirt: Showdown and now the news that they won't be bothered to model the car interiors in Grid 2. Even Dirt 3 which I liked was a bit of a step backwards from Dirt 2. I doubt I'll be checking this out unless everyone and their granny says it is absolutely mindblowing.

The series has been split i think, so you've dirt showdown, with all the american extreme sports, buggies, all that bullshit, which i don't really like, and the another game for the proper point-to point rally. I think Codemasters have got the official WRC licence now aswell, so hopefully we'll see the series go back to its roots.

I've downloaded the demo for F1, whilst Codemasters have said they've been working to make things easier for those that use a controller, it's still quite tricky, especially when cornering. Good though.

The corners I struggle with are the long, raking ones when using using a pad. Struggle to keep it in a steady motion throughout the whole corner. Obviously not much they can do about it but still.

Oh, and my only real complaint about last year was the step up to the hardest difficulty. On the one lower I was top 6 in a Williams then if i moved up I'd be battling with the HRTs etc. Found the spectrum of difficulty too broad

The series has been split i think, so you've dirt showdown, with all the american extreme sports, buggies, all that bullshit, which i don't really like, and the another game for the proper point-to point rally. I think Codemasters have got the official WRC licence now aswell, so hopefully we'll see the series go back to its roots.

Yeah, I'm conscious of the split, but I still find it worrying that the sequel to GRiD - which is no less of a serious racer than DiRT, really - sounds like it's only going to have Need For Speed style camera options, ie. no cockpit cam or car interiors. Also Codemasters' PC versions have been quite bug-ridden and technically wobbly since DiRT 2, with F1 2011 and DiRT 3 definitely being culprits. I just hope they're not getting into a habit of half-arsing stuff.

Oh, and my only real complaint about last year was the step up to the hardest difficulty. On the one lower I was top 6 in a Williams then if i moved up I'd be battling with the HRTs etc. Found the spectrum of difficulty too broad
Maybe that was my problem with F1 2011. With the DiRTs I can pretty much stick the difficulty to Extreme straight off and be guaranteed of a podium place within a couple of attempts, but with F1 I did the same and got slaughtered to the extent I was totally discouraged from playing.

Yeah, i think it's a problem with the game. The Codemaster forums are full of complaints saying the same thing. Pretty sure it will be sorted in the final game or with an update after release.

Â