Xbox Wireless Adapter

GarethRDR

Worth getting? Our old gaffe was so small and everything so close together that I just wired it all in, now the Xbox is clear across t'other side of the room from the modem and I can't be arsed to run lengths of cable all over the walls.

I've got the first version of the wireless adapter (G rated I think?), it's pretty shit if there is anything (walls, doors a ceiling etc) between the xbox and the router and obviously if there's quite a distance doesn't help. Other than direct Ethernet connection, Limpid's suggestion is the best and is probably cheaper than a Microsoft adapter. I managed to pick up 2 homeplugs (one needs to be connected to the router, the other to the device) for £35 off ebay. You can then just buy more homeplugs to add more devices. They're great.

Bought a pair yesterday (think they were 500mbps or whatever) for ~£30 on eBay. Only now our new phone line that Sky installed the day before yesterday has decided to die already, so I have to wait for them to fix it anyways. Argh! :lol:

Â