The Aston Social

PaulTheVillan

king edward as well - that is going but has it closed yet or will it still be open for a while?

From what I have heard on King Eddies the word is that if plans do go ahead to shut it, it will not be shut until the Aston Tavern is renovated and reopened by the owners of Eddies.

Aston Social will not be closed for a while yet, the renovation plans which can be found online Here

It says that the sites will be done in 3-4 stages, first stage is around the area the King Edward is in and that starts this year, second part of the stage is Aston Social area which will start maybe next year or the year after. Work should be completed by 2020 so it's going to take a while for it all to be done and I'm guessing a while for it all to be knocked down.

Whats going on in the area?

There is an area action plan making way for manufacturing and housing improvements.

Phase 1 will tear down the Aston Arena (Aston Villa Leisure Centre) and have high tech manufacturing come onto the Serpentine Site. King Edward will go too to improve access.

Police station, salvation army etc will all go in phase 2 (2016-2020) I think.

King Eddies is usually my place of choice on matchday and will be gutted when/if it actually goes. But if they get the Aston Tavern running and restore it to its original state, I will be very pleased. Definitely lots of potential in the place, but will take a helluva lot of work.

King Eddies is usually my place of choice on matchday and will be gutted when/if it actually goes. But if they get the Aston Tavern running and restore it to its original state, I will be very pleased. Definitely lots of potential in the place, but will take a helluva lot of work.

Apprently all the fixtures and fittings from the King Edward will be moved to Aston Tavern, paid for by Birmingham City council, well that's what the owner of the Edward wants, if Birmingham City council don't want it to have to go to court then they must go with what he wants, they will do up the beer garden and a carpark will be at the rear also. Not sure of how many spaces they will allow him.

That's what he has apparently asked for.

I'm really annoyed that it looks like the Kind Edward is going to be flattened, I don't know why they can't incorporate a tiny pub into a huge new development but people who make these decisions often have no foresight.

That said, I would love them to reopen the the Aston Tavern, a grand old boozer that's closer to the ground. So long as they stick to the trusty old policy of only employing amply-breasted young bar maids then I will find it the move most pleasing.

I'm really annoyed that it looks like the Kind Edward is going to be flattened, I don't know why they can't incorporate a tiny pub into a huge new development but people who make these decisions often have no foresight.

That said, I would love them to reopen the the Aston Tavern, a grand old boozer that's closer to the ground. So long as they stick to the trusty old policy of only employing amply-breasted young bar maids then I will find it the move most pleasing.

The guy who owns the King Edward also owns pole dancing clubs in the City Centre, so yes you will get those amply chested girls on MatchDays as he brings them from his clubs to get the punters in to his pub and to keep them there.

Apprently all the fixtures and fittings from the King Edward will be moved to Aston Tavern, paid for by Birmingham City council, well that's what the owner of the Edward wants, if Birmingham City council don't want it to have to go to court then they must go with what he wants, they will do up the beer garden and a carpark will be at the rear also. Not sure of how many spaces they will allow him.

That's what he has apparently asked for.

Yeah that is along the lines of what I have heard regarding Eddies and the redevelopment of Aston Tavern so far...And yes of course, no fear lads, the big breasted ladies won't be going anywhere :winkold:

That Aston Taverns been derelict for best part of 25 years I read somewhere, literally cannot be anything else to it other than 4 walls and a roof.

Going to take a serious amount of time and money to fix that place up.

Surely new pubs will need to sprout up around the Lichfield road side of the ground, with the vine, the eddie, the social and the addies going. One new pub, the manor (tiny), the swan and mitre (members only) and the villa tavern (miles away) surely isnt enough for all the punters

Â