The Aston Social

PaulTheVillan

King Eddies is usually my place of choice on matchday and will be gutted when/if it actually goes. But if they get the Aston Tavern running and restore it to its original state, I will be very pleased. Definitely lots of potential in the place, but will take a helluva lot of work.

Apprently all the fixtures and fittings from the King Edward will be moved to Aston Tavern, paid for by Birmingham City council, well that's what the owner of the Edward wants, if Birmingham City council don't want it to have to go to court then they must go with what he wants, they will do up the beer garden and a carpark will be at the rear also. Not sure of how many spaces they will allow him.

That's what he has apparently asked for.

The HCA will pay, not Birmingham Council as the Tavern is on their land.

They offered it him and I don't think at first he was overjoyed, as long as they do a proper job I'm sure he will be very happy.

It will be a profitable spot.

Good to hear about the Metro, I didn't see it as part of the AAP. Will be a good way to link the inner city.

Aston tavern stands to make more money on match days but through the week it's in a terrible place compared to the Lichfield road I would have thought??

At least the eddies is open Saturday

The Edward is like a ghost town during the week, the only pubs that gets people in during week on the Lichfield road is the Swan and Mitre and the Manor Tavern.

Manor Tavern has just been done up inside ...It looks nice...It's A LOT better anyway.

Aston tavern stands to make more money on match days but through the week it's in a terrible place compared to the Lichfield road I would have thought??

At least the eddies is open Saturday

If the advance manufacturing plan takes off there will be lunchtime and 5pm trade on a daily basis.

Plus a general increase in the population.

Also yes, the Arena parking will be lost, Metro anyone?, but it is available in whole for next year, I'm sure some space will remain when the land is built on.

I go to the Holte Suite now before the game but I used to go to the social when I was a kid and play Wembley in the beer garden before they put the slabs down, we still tried to play when they did that but it was never the same.

King Eddies is usually my place of choice on matchday and will be gutted when/if it actually goes. But if they get the Aston Tavern running and restore it to its original state, I will be very pleased. Definitely lots of potential in the place, but will take a helluva lot of work.

Apprently all the fixtures and fittings from the King Edward will be moved to Aston Tavern, paid for by Birmingham City council, well that's what the owner of the Edward wants, if Birmingham City council don't want it to have to go to court then they must go with what he wants, they will do up the beer garden and a carpark will be at the rear also. Not sure of how many spaces they will allow him.

That's what he has apparently asked for.

The HCA will pay, not Birmingham Council as the Tavern is on their land.

They offered it him and I don't think at first he was overjoyed, as long as they do a proper job I'm sure he will be very happy.

It will be a profitable spot.

Good to hear about the Metro, I didn't see it as part of the AAP. Will be a good way to link the inner city.

A lot of work to be done on the Aston Tavern, thats for certain!

DSC_0024-4.jpg

DSC_0029-4.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0034-2.jpg

DSC_0039-5.jpg

DSC_0055-3.jpg

DSC_0056-4.jpg

DSC_0052-1.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0046-2.jpg

DSC_0051-1.jpg

It's a worry that so many pubs round the ground are closing, or have closed

The Rat Pan, Harriers, Britannia, etc... but

I think the King Edward may be OK for a year or two yet.

Don't know why it has to go anyway.

I should imagine this scheme is going to take time, as much of the redevelopment will be dependent on Government funding; and finances are tight at the moment.

I had heard about this plan as i used to work for the City Council in Planning & Regeneration.

As for the Metro, down Lichfield Road? I've seen no news on this, but don't hold your breath.

It hasn't made it from Snow Hill to Broad St, or even to New St yet. These have been in the plans for years. Somehow I don't think Star City is a top priority.

Its a pity The Britannia cant be re-opened as a Pub, because it did have some decent fixtures and fittings, and besides The Swan & Mitre (where i drink) needs some competition.

Â