Relegation

Amo69

The Drop  

609 members have voted

1. 1. Will Villa Go Down?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

It means that you make rash predictions based on nothing more than gut feeling and optimism. Nothing rubbish about that observation.

No it doesn't. Just because I got a prediction wrong doesn't mean it was based on "gut feeling and optimism".

We are on target for 38 points for the season but have the worst goal difference in the league.

From today's performance it seems the mythical second half of the season charge up the league is as far away as ever.

We really are in the mix for the religation places and it's going to be touch and go.

If Lamberts youth team gamble doesn't come off it could be the year we finally fall through the trap door.

You could be right but how can you be so sure that it is Lamberts youth team gamble? He may have been taken down this route by someone higher in the club who knows **** all about owning a football club.

No it doesn't. Just because I got a prediction wrong doesn't mean it was based on "gut feeling and optimism".

So what was this amazing prediction based on then? Did you look at our wonderful squad of top quality players or was it Lambert's managerial qualities?

So what was this amazing prediction based on then? Did you look at our wonderful squad of top quality players or was it Lambert's managerial qualities?

Lambert's managerial qualities, who by the way I still rate, and we could yet finish closer to 6th than 18th.

Lambert's managerial qualities, who by the way I still rate, and we could yet finish closer to 6th than 18th.

Now you're having an unrealistic moment again. Have some mince pies and a glass of sherry and get ready for Santa.

Yeah sorry for not being a pessimistic doom-monger.

LOL. Sorry if I have given you the impression that I am a 'pessimistic doom-monger'. I am quite a positive person really. However, I do tend to look at facts and evidence as my basis for looking at potential for the immediate future.

LOL. Sorry if I have given you the impression that I am a 'pessimistic doom-monger'. I am quite a positive person really. However, I do tend to look at facts and evidence as my basis for looking at potential for the immediate future.

So then how come you scorned at my statement that QPR and Reading don't have much chance of catching us? Facts and statistics suggest they have little chance of catching us.

So then how come you scorned at my statement that QPR and Reading don't have much chance of catching us? Facts and statistics suggest they have little chance of catching us.

Actually I stated facts and evidence (no mention of statistics) and I believe teams have, in the past (at both ends of the league) managed to close an 8/9 point gap with much less than half the season left to play.

Actually I stated facts and evidence (no mention of statistics) and I believe teams have, in the past (at both ends of the league) managed to close an 8/9 point gap with much less than half the season left to play.

But "facts and evidence" would suggest that is not likely, hence "not much chance".

But "facts and evidence" would suggest that is not likely, hence "not much chance".

Getting away from facts and evidence for a moment, at this moment in time (before any January transfer activity has taken place) I personally believe that we will finish closer to the relegation zone than the top 6. That's as optimistic as you are going to get from me.

Mantis Reading should have won at City and QPR have a strong squad and more money to spend in Jan. To say there is little chance of catching us up is crazy IMO. There are around 6 teams that could be relegated and we are well and truly in that mix.

By all means keep positive and feel we will stay up. But also be prepared for the worse because this is our worst start to a season in a very long time.

Things can change quickly and I'm sure we'll be ok but the worrying for me is all the new records we are setting. worst start to a premier league season, worst ever defeat. I just hope the third isn't first ever relegation from the premier league.

Awful performance - We need to address it against Spurs

Benteke's attitude was a cause for concern for me - he was offside too much but seemed to want to blame his teammates

I thought Weimann never gave up and came out with a little credit but the midfeild had a terrible day at the office

A point from Spurs and 3 from Wigan are required

Things can change quickly and I'm sure we'll be ok but the worrying for me is all the new records we are setting. worst start to a premier league season, worst ever defeat. I just hope the third isn't first ever relegation from the premier league.

Yes indeedy. There is just a funny feeling about this season, as if this is the year we finally get the chop. Everything seems to be falling into place; extremely poor start, lack of consistency, youth team players expected to play the role of experienced pros and being shown up time after time, lack of balance not being addressed, poor tactics in games like this, numerous humiliating defeats and by and large a fanbase that seems to accept the fact we are in a relegation scrap.