Tablet.

Dodgyknees

Basically, I need a tablet that will run on 3g, wifi, good for loading up websites - especially wordpress. Could do with some other fancy functions too... but I only have about £200.

Apart from offering me google, which has been my friend today... what can you suggest as a good tablet?

The Advent Vega is a good (but not close to the Galaxys and Ipads) cheap tablet. There are both 3g and wifi versions of it. I use it as a test-tablet at work to verify apps and sites internally.

A bit of a warning though, it's crippled android out of the box, seriously crippled, to the point that you dont even get the official android market. You have to root it and install a custom rom on it to make it useful. On XDA there is both a Honeycomb and a ICS version to use. Both work well.

It's a tablet that goes by many names so pick up one that is available.

Advent Vega

Point of View Mobii Tegra Tablet 10 3G

Xvision P10AN01

Shuttle P10AN01 (silver color frame and ports)

DreamBook ePad P10 3Dui Australia

Xvision P10AN01

Smartbook Surfer360 Germany

Viewsonic ViewPad 10s Hong Kong and China

Webmachines UX100 Korea

Current price in sweden for the 3g version is 240 pounds

I'd recommend the Xoom over the Vega. They seem to be around £200 on eBay

I don't know why anyone would want a 3G tablet. You'll always have your phone so just tether off that.

The Xoom currently officially in the UK has 3.2 Honeycomb, but you can quite easily load 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on if you feel the need. I'd rate them over the iPads purely because IMO Android is better than iOS. The iPad 3 has a better screen and are faster, but they're easily a match for the iPad 2.

I understand you're on a budget, but if you have owned or experienced high end phone technology I would recommend saving a bit and getting an Ipad or a Samsung. You'll get frustrated with a low end tablet if you own an iphone or galaxy s2 etc.

Â