Downing vs N'Zogbia

TRS-T

If you can get the best out of Zog, he's the better player, I think. Technically he's superior, in fact he's very good. But his personality seems to be an issue, and probably the reason he's not got as far as his talent should have got him in his career, yet.

Interesting stuff, but everybody knows that Downing is having a shambolic season and almost any attacking midfielder in the prem would compare favourably with him atm. I remember someone here posted the chalkboard analysis of Downing's passing one time and rather than crossing it looks like he passes backwards almost every time he gets in an advanced position. So either his confidence is shot or he's being poorly instructed, or both. Last season he was immense for us, putting a lot more effort in than Ash did for most of it.

As for N'Zog, I've seen enough glimpses of quality this season to be confident that he will eventually come good. I think he's already been better for us, in a bad team, than Downing was when he was first playing under MON, and he'll only improve as long as McLeish doesn't ruin him by freezing him out.

Is there an actual point to this topic? One better become evident rather sharpish or I'll get the padlock out

Don't suppose you had a similar conversation with Terry Waite twenty five years or so ago did you?

So the answer is no point

The point is to debate who is better Downing or Zoggy.

The fact Zoggy has 2 goals and Downing has 0 sells it for me, Zoggy has earned us points in doing that - and points keep you up.

Like I said... there is no point to this, Downing doesn't play for us anymore.