villafan306

Who is leading the Console War?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who is leading the Console War?

• Microsoft won't be caught now
    • Sony will come back from this
    • Wii wil take the world by storm
    • Still too early to say

Now that the last real games show of the year is drawing to a close I just thought I'd like to see what people think about the console war.

Microsoft have made some huge announcements, including the fact that splinter cell will be an xbox exclusive after Double Agent is released, Halo Wars (an RTS based on Halo) will be following Halo 3 into stores, GTA will have some exclusive episodes on the 360, Banjo Kazooie is coming to 360, Guitar Hero 2 will be a 360 release also with a wireless controller and plently of downloadable content and Xbox Live will soon be home to Senisble World of Soccer!

Couple this with the games that will be available before the end of the year for the 360 - the only next gen console to have FIFA 07 and PES6, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Sonic (played the demo and it is surprisingly good), FEAR, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 just to name a few.

And where is sony in all of this? About 6 months away from seriously getting some consoles on the shelves. By the time they bring out the PS£ imo most people who wanted a next gen console will have plugged for the 360.

However the wildcard in this has to be the Wii. I know I will be getting one to sit alongside my 360 but with the low price they could actually become bigger than the PS3. Zelda, Wario Ware, MArio and Smash Brothers immediately make this sound very appealing.

My only concern is that whilst you can sink into a comfy chair to play a console normally you won't be able to do this with a Wii.

So what do you think?

Sony will come back. There are so many PS2's out there. That's a lot of people holding out for the (backward compatible) PS3. Microsoft are doing well. They're doing exactly what needs to be done if they're to have a hope of catching Sony - stealing a march. But I fully expect the PS3 (with Blue-Ray technology remember) to hammer the 360 eventually.

The 1 question mark is price. That's the 1 thing making me have 2nd thoughts, and at the moment I wont be buying one when it comes out - as a good new PC can be bought for the same price.

I have no idea what the Wii is and why it is so appealing to people. I'll do some research on that one. Might be a good wildcard to have - although I was never a 'Mario' or a 'Zelda' kid. For me the alluring titles will be the next gen Grand Theft Auto and the next Gran Turismo.

I think sony will be the big loser, mostly in europe. The Wii will make up some ground due to the fact that they're gonna get a head start on europe.

I personally thought we'd see alot of Sony bashing for the way they've treated europe, but i haven't read that much at all.

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, and i couldn't careless about the other consoles, my eventually invest in a Modded 360 but don't think i'll be buying another Sony product since the PSP has let me down so much.

Microsoft have still only sold about 72 Xbox 360s in Japan, havent they?

Too early to say who wins. Though Sony are doing their best to **** things up, it has to be said.

Microsoft have still only sold about 72 Xbox 360s in Japan, havent they?

Too early to say who wins. Though Sony are doing their best to **** things up, it has to be said.

When you try to raise the bar as high as they are, there will be setbacks but ultimately it will be worth waiting for. If you play relatively safe like Microsoft have, then it's short term.

Can't believe I said that. I hate Sony and everything they stand for, but the PS is their 1 shining light.

How are they trying to raise the bar though?

Endless sequels and licences? Seeing what Microsoft do with Xbox live and copying it? Oh, making a games machine that wont be as powerful as high end PC's when its released. Thats it, isnt it?

Im not anti Sony at all. I loved my PS2 when i had one. But the best thing Sony can do is make things look shinier than they actually are. *cough*psp*cough*

I think at this stage, any speculation of a 'winner' is utterly, utterly pointless.

Plus, people often forget just how gad damn far ahead and well established Sony are when this question arrises. There seems to be an awful lot of Sony backlash in Europe at the moment simply because of the delay we will see over here.

The PS3 is still being released on time in other territories to an already huge user base but people seem to be forgetting this. Sony are in a very strong position despite this Europe setback.

wiis gonna kill both in japan and possibly america. its different and also you can use your controllers from your gamecube so save it abit of bob.

and the price at £180 over here, i think they are gonna kill it for christmas. i got a new job today so i am definately going to pre-order mine next month

Â