Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he will sign him but doesn't want to pay more than 500 000 pounds because we all know he is available for nothing in summer.And I think Maloney knows that too and that's why he is not signing a new deal with Celtic.Today's confirmation from Daily Record:

Shaun Maloney failed to negotiate a new deal at Celtic despite more Parkhead talks. But the SPL leaders insist this doesn't mean Maloney's career with the Bhoys is all but over.

Monday and Tuesday are the key days for Villa, if we are going to do anything else.

As we are playing on the Wednesday (31st) doubt we will be doing any business whilst MON and team are traveling to Scotland.

Or perhaps we could bring Milner back with us?! :nod:

I think Maloney will be the next in and playing with Carew will be interesting to watch.I think they will be a better version of Heskey - Owen for Liverpool.Maloney has done so many assists in SPL and I'll be happy to see him at Villa Park.He is very young 21 I think if we buy him we'll have generation of probably the best youngsters in the UK.

Well do we really want another player with alot of assists? Carew is not meant to be a prolific scorer so it doent really make sense for those two to be up front together.

If anyone you're looking at Defoe/Bent I think and unlike Tom on the previous page I think £10 million for Defoe would be ace.

But that then really lends itself to a 4-4-2.

Leaving the likes of Gabby and Moore on the bench. I think striker wise we're fine for now til we see how Moore and Gabby get on up-front.

5 shopping days before the deadline. If you had just one purchase and say 6M to spend what would your choice be ? Mine would have been Joey Barton, what's yours?

Joey Barton too. Though Milner would be next.

I dont buy all this Barton wont come stuff. We're going to be overtaking City and Everton very soon and everyone knows and expects this. If Barton was offered the chance to be the heart of our team for the future I htink he'd take it, especially on a very generous contract.

You might need another million to secure Milner but it's still where i'd be looking.

Well if it was me and I had 6M I'd get Maloney (1M) and Diop (4.5M)

But it's MON and not me

I dont really get the Maloney fascination. We have Gabby and Young for the wide players in a 4-3-3 with Luke too. We have Luke and Gabby in a 4-4-2 alongside Carew (Angel and Suton his cover).

Is Maloney that good that he'd be displacing these players because he certainly isnt a goal'scorer. I'm just not convinced by Scottish players on the whole and we're looking for a wide player I think it would be one who could play as a midfieder as much as a wide forward to boost our options. I know he's obviously cheaper then Milner but Milner makes alot more sense to me and is proven in the prem with assists and a few goals too, from midfield.

I would have thought that if Maloney was considered by MON he would have been here already. I think it will serve his purposes to wait until the summer and be available on a Bosman. I like Diop but I would still hold out for Barton. With Barton and Carew, Villa will get some needed beef and aggression so that we can mix it up with the best of them.

I think that Villa may have decided not to waste any more time on Milner. We got snubbed in August and thereafter Roeder and Milner both made noises that hinted at silly buggers and I don't believe that you mess with MON in that way. I know I would have told them to stuff it where the sun doesn't shine by now, but then I am not MON so I will wait and see.