Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes sorry for this, but take your pick... John 'the heading' Carew, Craig 'the pacey' Bellamy, Kevin 'the tap in' Doyle or Nicolae 'the finisher' Dica?

Forced to make a choice, I'd take Bellamy - Gabby-like pace and a consistently proven finisher, can't understand why Benitez would let him go.

ANybody know when the cut off is for signing players in time for them to play on a Saturday?
From the FA web site

Premier League rules state that completed documents required to effect the registration of a player must be submitted by 12 noon on the last working day before the date of the first league match in which the club making the application intends him to play.

Oh yes sorry for this, but take your pick... John 'the heading' Carew, Craig 'the pacey' Bellamy, Kevin 'the tap in' Doyle or Nicolae 'the finisher' Dica?

Anyone but Bellamy.

I'm getting pissed off, Carew, Dica, Bellamy, Doyle... screw the effin rumours every day. Get the bastards into villa park for crying out loud.

This is not football manager mate.

What you on about? Who are you? What the hells with the pointless post? Football Manager? Are you a fool? Go away, how the hell is this football manager

Go home.

john carew easy, but if we got him and bellamy i think that would be one of the deadliest front two partnership in the league, then we can have gabby rest a little and progress naturally rather than have to force him into playing every game and burn him out.

John carew is a lethal finisher and one of the best at what he does possibly 2nd only to Jan Koller/Zlatan. In my opinion.

john carew easy, but if we got him and bellamy i think that would be one of the deadliest front two partnership in the league, then we can have gabby rest a little and progress naturally rather than have to force him into playing every game and burn him out.

John carew is a lethal finisher and one of the best at what he does possibly 2nd only to Jan Koller/Zlatan. In my opinion.

I say this too myself every day, it won't be those 2. Carew will choose Anfield, Bellamy will reject.

I say this too myself every day, it won't be those 2. Carew will choose Anfield, Bellamy will reject.

i find the bellamy link hard to believe, i might be wrong. But he is at liverpool and in the rotation system and very much in there team, i cant see how we have ended up so strongly linked to him, i think hed laff at us to be honest. hope im wrong though.

and carew is probably just a shot in the dark from some reporter that has escalated in him being linked to the whole of europe. its good to dream tho

i find the bellamy link hard to believe, i might be wrong. But he is at liverpool and in the rotation system and very much in there team, i cant see how we have ended up so strongly linked to him, i think hed laff at us to be honest. hope im wrong though.

and carew is probably just a shot in the dark from some reporter that has escalated in him being linked to the whole of europe. its good to dream tho

I don't find the Bellamy link that hard to believe, I've heard a few stories already and he's only been there 6 months, the only thing that has possibly thrown a Spanner in the works is Luis Garcia being out for 6 months. But my understanding is that should Liverpool have been able to find a replacement, Bellamy would have been allowed to leave, now I'm not so sure

I don't find the Bellamy link that hard to believe, I've heard a few stories already and he's only been there 6 months, the only thing that has possibly thrown a Spanner in the works is Luis Garcia being out for 6 months. But my understanding is that should Liverpool have been able to find a replacement, Bellamy would have been allowed to leave, now I'm not so sure

im just not used to us been linked with players and them not ending up playing for someone else and not scoring hatricks against us.