The 2012 Villatalk Mock Draft

Sorry been away a bit!

With the 17th pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Cincinatti Bengals select

OG, David DeCastro, Stanford.

A big mauling guard to upgrade their interior oline and help out both the run game and second year QB Andrew Dalton.

With the 18th pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the San Diego Chargers select...

Nick Perry

Southern California

DE/OLB

The Chargers need to address the pass rush and Perry is the best player on the board for that. He can line up at DE or OLB (prefers the latter) so will offer versatility on plays. Will immediately help on the outside, although as with most players coming out of college he just show some areas that need to be improved.

With the 19th pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Chicago Bears select...

Cordy Glenn

Georgia

Tackle

The Bears need to try and keep Cutler standing if they stand any chance this year. This will help. Big and athletic and has good technique. As with all Tackles will I ever hear of him again? Probably not but that doesn't mean he wont be a successful player in the NFL.

With the 20th pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Tennessee Titans select...

Stephon Gilmore

South Carolina

Cornerback

Titans need to replace Cortland Finnegan, could have been GIlmore or Dre Kirkpatrick taken here. Gilmore's stock appears to keep rising throughout the draft process so gone for him here.

With the 21st pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...

Kendal Wright

Baylor

Wide Receiver

Wright is classed as the 3rd best WR in the draft and with this pick Dalton has another weapon to compliment AJ Green. With their O-line issue addressed with their first pick the Cincinnati offense looks a whole lot better. He is a great athlete and possesses all the required skills to have a long career in the NFL at his position. He can scorch defences and his route running is flawless. Expect to see him causing havoc across the middle.

With the 21st pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select...

Michael Floyd

Notre Dame

Wide Receiver

Floyd slips down to 21st after being touted as a top 15 pick, the Bengals take the 2nd best WR in the draft and Dalton has another weapon to compliment AJ Green. With their O-line issue addressed with their first pick the Cincinnati offense looks a whole lot better. He is a great athlete and possesses all the required skills to have a long career in the NFL at his position, the only concern is the guys character. Let's hope he's grown up and is ready to knuckle down.

Did you trade Miami for him? :winkold:

How did I miss that?

And who on Earth has Floyd taken that high? Almost as bizarre as kkr saying the Browns will take Tannehill >_>

Edited.

It was because kkr took Tannehill that Miami went for Floyd. Although I did say if Tannehill goes I think Miami will trade down.

How did I miss that?

And who on Earth has Floyd taken that high? Almost as bizarre as kkr saying the Browns will take Tannehill >_>

Edited.

Tannehill is going #3 or #4 believe!

With the 22nd pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select...

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU.

Name me a decent defensive linemen for the Browns? You cant can you and neither can i. Its a big area of need for them and luckily for them the DT class is very deep and very good this year. The DE class isnt as good as the DT class and i think the Browns roll with a 4-3 rather than 3-4 now so they take Brockers over Upshaw.

With the 4th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select......

QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M.

Richardson and Blackmon seem to be popular selections here, but i dont think Cleveland want to pass on a potential Franchise QB. Is Colt Mccoy that guy? Probably not. Can Tannehill be the man? I dont know, but i doubt Holmgren would enjoy passing on this guy only to see him go elsewhere and turn out to be a star.

They have another selection later in the draft and have a lot of holes so it wouldn't surprise me to see them trade down also. For the purpose of this draft though they select Tannehill and we already have 3 QB's of the board!

Up next the Buccs.......

Ridiculous! It will be Clairborne not unless they trade down all the way to Miami. If they trade to St Louis for Blackmon then T Rich or Clairborne will fall and I'd take a decades worth of island at CB over a stud RB for a few seasons.

I quite like Weedon as the Browns QB option.

Name me a decent defensive linemen for the Browns?

Ahtyba Rubin, Phil Taylor, Jabaal Sheard - that's 3 out of 4! 6th or 7th best D in the league as well last season.

With the 23rd pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Detroit Lions select...

Dre Kirkpatrick

Alabama

Cornerback

The Lions need secondary help and if Kirkpatrick is still on the board they'll take him. Arguably the 2nd best corner in the draft the 6'2 boy from Alabama might not have notched up many interceptions in his college career, but he denies receivers with his physical play. Shut-down corner?

With the 24rd pick in the 2012 VT Mock Draft, the Pittsburgh Steelers select...

Dont'a Hightower

Alabama

ILB

As a Steelers fan I'm still hoping Poe will slide to us. With him off the board alongside the best value OL prospects, Colbert will stick to the BPA principles and take Hightower so that he can be groomed as James Farriors long term replacement.

Â