Draw Something (iOS, Android)

The_Rev

So, who else is playing this rather fantastic game? It's 69p on Android, I assume it's the same on iOS and its a ton of fun. Basically it is Pictionary/Win, Lose or Draw on a touch screen where you draw a picture and your mate has to guess it. If they guess, you both get points and then you can spend your points on buying more colours or "bombs" which act a bit like lifelines in Who wants to be a millionaire?

Fr5Oul.pngO5M8wl.png

I've connected mine to my Facebook profile and it has connected me to other people I know on there, so I think I have about twelve games on the go at the moment, but if you want to add me then you can just go via my user name Nayson R, I'll definitely join you for a game. It doesnt matter what you care playing on as it's cross platform compatible, iPad can play Android phone, Android tablet can play iPhone (etc) and you dont have to be online at the same time either. It's asynchronous play, so you just take your turn when you are ready and wait for the other person to get back. I have had more fun out of this over the weekend than I have had out of some games I have spent £40 on. :nod:

So basically it is iSketch

Man I used to love that game. Being serious and drawing a really perfect representation of a wave, most people would get it...THEN DRAW A GIANT PENIS-SHARK IN THE SEA

So juvenille, but it still makes me laugh an awful lot

I've been playing it over the past couple of weeks, a LOT!

Got to say though, it has started to lose it's appeal. I think there's a lack of competetiveness.

But it's great fun. Some people's pictures genuinely make me laugh out loud.

It's not supposed to be competitive though, is it? The fact that you get points when the other person guesses your picture tells me it is supposed to be a co op game. I think the real joy is in trying to find a funny or clever picture to make your clue.

I am really quite annoyed that I have had "metroid" and "noob" come up as options to draw when I am playing against girls though. I could have done magical things with both of those if they were against people who would have got the reference. :(

Y6ZMCl.png

I had to do the Metroid one though. I am pretty sure her husband will guess it if she cant.

6hy1al.png

And can you spot the song?

Oh yeah I know it's not meant to be competetive. I just meant I think that's why it's losing it's appeal for me, because after a while the novelty wears off and there's no competition to keep the interest up.

But I share your pain, often I've gotten something like "lilwayne" or "PaulyD" or "Zelda" etc, and against the right person I could have done an amazing clue, but the person I was playing against wouldn't have a clue.

I'm on this. My username is briggaman_avfc so feel free to start a game up with me.

I've got the free version. Is it worth paying for the full version? The free one seems fine thus far and I'm having great fun.

It's not supposed to be competitive though, is it? The fact that you get points when the other person guesses your picture tells me it is supposed to be a co op game. I think the real joy is in trying to find a funny or clever picture to make your clue.

I am really quite annoyed that I have had "metroid" and "noob" come up as options to draw when I am playing against girls though. I could have done magical things with both of those if they were against people who would have got the reference. :(

Y6ZMCl.png

I had to do the Metroid one though. I am pretty sure her husband will guess it if she cant.

6hy1al.png

And can you spot the song?

Calm down, it's only a free app.

Â